Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sov. gt with 15" wot

ahia

I just bought a new sov. gt and a 15" wot coil. With the stock coil it seems to work fine, but it goes nuts when I put the 15" wot coil on. I can't get it to stop. I think I got a bad coil. Any ideals.

i have a buddy here that runs that set up and he must run his sensitivity way down to 3 O'Clock ,he still does well with it.i had one and didn't like it near as well as the S12 iv got...i run my GT @ 9 O'Clock ,with my Sun Ray S12 ,almost wide open on the same beach and dig many dimes @ 15".try that,and good luck

Hi Bling, I tried that, did not help. It screams with the volume truned all the way down. Thanks,

not the volume....the sensitivity! put volume at 12;00 and turn you sensitivity down to 3 O'Clock if needed,that would be clockwise...to the right.

I had the same problem, returned it to Las Vegas and they sent a new one and it worked fine..Still trying to learn to work with it. Dig a gig... Jack

Heh...yes, the sensitivity...for sure!

What I'm still trying to figure out is how it "screams" with the volume "turned all the way down". Sounds like O.E. to me. :shrug:

If it screams like crazy, then take the coil connector apart and check for shorts and broken loose wires at the pins.

HH

I have a 15" wot on my GT. I dont have to turn the sens or volume down or do anything different from the stock coil. You have a bad coil. If you can return it I would. Its worth a try to fix it and save some time and money on shipping.

must be a bad coil or connection.i had same thing happen with a CZ5 and i had to re-solder a wire in the screw on connector that had came un-soldered.good luck.if it is new as you said id send it back,they have a 2 year warranty.

Heard from Terry at Detcetor depot. WOT coil was bad, new one on the way. Their service is great. Thanks for the help.

I've had two faulty WOT coils,I won't be buying another!
That said I've just got the Joey and it seems a very good coil so far on my GT.