Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SOV. FIND A FEW INDIANS

harryo

Found these last week, also finally am learning how to down size pictures so i can send many more finds.

Wow that 1875 is in great shape, so is the 1903, but looks like it got a scratch in front of the face of the :ranting:

At least it was on the 1903 the 1875 sold for $160.00 on ebay. Love the xs 2a pro with the sun ray meter and 12in sun ray coil the white one. harry

n/t

Harry,nice Indian Heads.On your Sovereign were you using a meter and what reading did you get.How deep and what kind of soil.Thanks Ron

HI RON,, USE THE SUN RAY METER THE READINGS WERE 171 172 GOOD BOTH WAYS. THE SOIL IS BLACK ORIGINAL SOIL NO FILL DIRT. THEY WERE ABOUT 9 IN DEEP. FOUND 4 MORE NOT SO GOOD SHAPE BUT ALL GAVE A GOOD SOUND. I GO VERY SLOW WITH THE BIG COIL AND YOU CAN JUST HERE THE DEEP ONES COME IN THAT IS WHEN I TRY TO GET THE SOUND TO RISE AND GET A DECENT NUMBER. AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE 12IN COIL HOW WELL IT HITS ON TARGETS SO CLOSE TOGETHER AND YOU HERE THE DIFFERENT SOUNDS FROM JUNK TO COIN. RUN NO DISCRIMINATION AND HAVE THE SENSITIVITY ON MAX WITH NO CHATTER. GOING DETECTING NOW NEED SOME SILVER BAD. LOL HARRY

Harry,I've been getting early wheat's and IHs. Hope to hit on some silver around these same dates.The soil which I'm hunting has rocks at about four inches down soft ball size and bigger and some are hot.My sensitivity has to be low or auto to prevent false targets.I'm still finding coins underneath the rocks at about 8-9 inches even with low settings.Thanks Ron

harryo said:
HI RON,, USE THE SUN RAY METER THE READINGS WERE 171 172 GOOD BOTH WAYS. THE SOIL IS BLACK ORIGINAL SOIL NO FILL DIRT. THEY WERE ABOUT 9 IN DEEP. FOUND 4 MORE NOT SO GOOD SHAPE BUT ALL GAVE A GOOD SOUND. I GO VERY SLOW WITH THE BIG COIL AND YOU CAN JUST HERE THE DEEP ONES COME IN THAT IS WHEN I TRY TO GET THE SOUND TO RISE AND GET A DECENT NUMBER. AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE 12IN COIL HOW WELL IT HITS ON TARGETS SO CLOSE TOGETHER AND YOU HERE THE DIFFERENT SOUNDS FROM JUNK TO COIN. RUN NO DISCRIMINATION AND HAVE THE SENSITIVITY ON MAX WITH NO CHATTER. GOING DETECTING NOW NEED SOME SILVER BAD. LOL HARRY

Harry I have the same setup you have, XS-2a pro with the Sun Ray meter and 12 in Sun Ray coil , except my 12" Sun Ray coil is the newer black version. I've been dying to take it out to some old parks for deep silver and Indian hunting, it sounds like a winning combination!

HH,
Brian