Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

South Central KS/North Central Oklahoma

KS_Mike

Just wondering if there is anyone out here from this part of the world ...

Oklahoma - Alfalfa and Woods county
Kansas - Barber, Harper, and Pratt counties.

Hope you stop by often! I have a friend out in KS that detects. We do have peole out that way, but not in those two states yet! God bless!

but I dont think that counts:) I really enjoyed my drive through there too, if that is any bonus too. Got many abandoned homesites there to hunt?

J.

some detecting buddies out your way.

Home sites ... yes there are a lot. At one time there was a home each quarter section (4 per square mile).

New to this hobby so I'm looking for someone who is experienced and can show me a few tricks and avoid making the big mistakes.

Thanks
Mike

Where does your friend live in KS?

Nice part about this area - the view isn't too bad at all. Most people think this is the flat land ... not hardly.

Thanks
Mike

Where abouts do they live - general area works.

What do they tell you about detecting in KS - what are they finding?

I live in an area where at one time there were 4 houses per square mile ... lots of old home sites to play on and many are still standing.

Thanks
Mike

...born in Hutchinson. We also lived in Bartlesville for a couple of years but I've been in hillbilly country (East TN) since 1968 so I reckon I'm considered a southerner now.

Ever get to Hutch?

I get up there every now and then. Takes about 90 minutes I believe - depending on the # of patrolman I see.

Do you belong to the club there in Hutch that meets at the Methodist Church?

Thanks
Mike

what town, but I will find out. I have hunted with him at a few different organized Civil War hunts.

Now that would be cool - would love to find an old belt buckle, musket, coins, etc.

Thanks
Mike

Living in Tennessee I don't get back to Kansas very often. It has probably been at least 15 years since I've been to Hutch since most of my family has moved away.

One of these days I'll get back there.

Appalacian Americians now. Our new name.
God Bless
HH
KY Bud