Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sounds like it is not a good thing.....,

warthog

Joe G. sent me a heads up on the place I sent my songs to,thanks Joe.Lots of not so good happenings with others,so I requested a refund due to the negative things going on.Good thing I paid with c/c,if they don't cancel it,I will dispute the charge with the co.,citing other folks getting ripped off.......Just one more thing for me to deal with..........:sadwalk:

Sorry Steve... When I had the band years ago, I tried to peddle my songs around. Unless things have changed, recording companies won't even accept unsolicited recordings of new songs. If a legitimate recording company does want your song or you as a recording artist, they will NEVER charge you any money. I did have one contact years ago with a friend of a friend that worked at EMI with song submissions. I actually got them some songs and they listened to them. However, although good songs, being Christian music and not an "in style" at the time, they couldn't do anything with them.

Now, there is a way to get your songs heard through songwriting competitions. There's a lot of song writing contests out there but few that are legitimate. One good one that's been around for a long time is The Great American Songwriting Contest. There is an entry fee but it's not that much money.
http://www.greatamericansong.com/index.php

Here's a list of other "legit" contests.
http://www.world-of-songwriting.com/songwriting-contests.html

My biggest claim to "fame" is a royalty check from BMI for something like $27.31 because some radio station somewhere played one of my songs a bunch of times. (I think the rate was two and a half cents per airplay LOL). Still have the framed check :)

Good luck!

Joe