Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sorrow and happiness, a mixed bag......................

Kelley (Texas)

Phil, our next door neighbor is dying of cancer, will probably pass away tonight or sometime tomorrow. He will be leaving behind a wife, daughter and son.

The son, Tyler, is really a neat boy that is ten years old. During these past several months that we have lived here, Tyler has discussed the desire to build a go cart or find a used one that he can purchase with money earned by cutting yards in the area.

Last week, I went to several pawn shops looking for an old edger to use when I cut the yard. While looking in one of the pawn shops, I spotted a gas motor powered scooter at an extremely low price. Well, I never found an edger that I thought would do the job and finally gave up the hunt and went home.

All afternoon, I kept thinking about that gas motor powered scooter that I had seen in one of the pawn shops.

That evening, I walked outside to do a few chores and spotted Tyler sitting on a lawn chair visiting with his Dad. I walked over and while engaged in some small talk with them, tyler brought up the subject of still wanting a go cart. Phil made a comment that he knew that he would not be around to see the day that Tyler finally got a Go Cart. For some reason, that comment stayed with me the rest of the evening.

Early Thursday morning, I waited outside of that pawn shop until it opened. They still had the gas motor powered scooter and I bought it. I loaded it in the back of my pickup truck and brought it home and put it in my garage. Sure enough, I waited all day until I saw Tyler coming out of the house pushing his father, Phil, who was in a wheel chair.

I walked over and again engaged in some small talk with both of them. After a few minutes, I asked Tyler to go over to my garage and bring me that funny looking scooter. Tyler looked puzzled but said he would do it. Phil was also wondering what in the world was in my garage. You should have seen the look on both of their faces when Tyler came pushing that scooter across the yard!

I told them that the gas powered motor scooter was a gift to Tyler, but that Phil would have to do me a favor and tell him how to clean and maintain it, as well as how to safely ride it. Both had a shocked look on their faces...just could not believe what was happening. I only stayed a few more minutes and when Tyler went into his garage to get some rags to use in cleaning the scooter, in a low voice, Phil said "Thank you, you do not know what this will mean to the two of us."

Early Friday morning, Tyler came buzzing by the house riding that gas powered motor scooter, and Phil was sitting in the wheel chair watching and directing Tyler. I just waved and did not go over there, this was to be their time together. Friday evening, Phil was again sitting in the wheel chair watching Tyler ride that scooter. Phil asked me to come over, which I did with the understanding that it would only be for a few minutes.

Phil looked very pale and weak as we talked for a few minutes. As I was leaving to come back to the house he told me that he really appreciated what I had done for him and Tyler. He said that he knew he only had a few days left on this earth. During the night, Phil took a turn for the worst and became unable to get out of bed. Last night he went into a comma and the end is near.

Tyler was out riding that scooter several times today...that scooter seems to be the tool that he is using to cope with knowing that he is losing his Father. I took this picture of Tyler this evening. I suspect that Tyler will be putting a lot of miles on that scooter in the next few days, trying to cope with the loss of his Father. Kelley (Texas) :sad:

of wonderful person for doing that! Tyler will never forget the kind thing you did, and his father will have some happy thoughts when he leaves this old tired world. Something tells me you and Tyler will be very close friends in the days to come! You are a good egg, Cowboy! :)

it takes so little to do good and it is so long lasting. Your health problems might have had purpose. Maybe it was a way to get you next door to a boy that was in need. He will not forget

I know that you didn't do it for any type of recognition...but you gave that boy something that will help him ease his mind and some comfort to the father in his last days.I suspect that this is not the first time you have done this sort of thing either.This world would be a better place with more folks like you in it.

but i never cease to be amazed and motivated by your generosity and caring attitude while you fight your own battles.
Peace and happiness my good friend......
Wayne

that act of unselfish kindness will stay with that young lad for the rest of his life. When the time comes, please extend my condolences to Phil's family!

Dave

http://www.link4u.com/touchsomeone.htm

A life's worth, in the end, isn't measured in hours, or dollars. It's measured by the amount of love exchanged along the way.

Holding my breath and watching the air! Unfolding the pages of Life throughout time,I have watched you post picture after picture of flowers. Now, at your tender age, you have discovered the true meaning of a thing called compassion. Even though I have never touched your face, YOU have touched my "SOUL". copy and paste the url above and read the lines.
I stand proud to call you my friend.

now I stand in awe and know with a soften spirit, who, I wrote this for back last month!

The only true obedience is to the spirit of our inner souls. When we faithfully obey the guidance, signals and intuition of the soul, we can be complete and at perfect peace. Turn off your thoughts for just a minute today, and hear your soul's guidance, then act on it. Seeds planted a few weeks ago are bursting into bloom. Enjoy the workings of the universe as your projects come to fruition and a new cycle is soon ready to begin. Every moment in life has the potential to be special. All it takes is turning one's focus from the past or the future and looking at now. Somewhere a bird is singing -- are you listening? The thread of the past is still strong in the fabric of your life, and may make its presence felt today. Just make sure that you don't miss the threads of today and tomorrow as only when they are enjoyed together is the fabric whole and most beautiful. We all have pasts and we learn from them, guiding us in a different turn in the road or a new soul with a smiling face. butch-july-05

You sir, have seen and heard the singing bird!

I don't have to tell you how much you have impacted Tyler's life. But just as important, how you impressed his father in his waning moments here on Earth.

You have been placed into a special position by the most-high God...and you have come through, as you always do.

What a special, special story for an extraordinary friend. My day is already 'made' and it isn't yet 7:30 am!

YOU have a great day.

AJ

been fortunate to pass within your sphere. What a wonderful gesture. I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of your friend, but in giving Tyler the scooter, you have made that phase of his life, a little easier.

God bless you my friend

Sunny skies, clear water, calm seas

M

read this wonderful story of compassion and love. From what I know of you Fred, I wouldn't expect anything else from you. What a love for life you have. You extended Phil's by doing what you did and I commend you for it.

I am proud to call you my friend.

God Bless,

Lil Brother

That act of kindness, helped the young boy, his Dad, It made you feel good and from all the post, you made a lot of people here proud to know you, I know I am.

Swampy/George-CT

Mark? Sorry but i have not been on the Views much for months and do not know if there has been anything new.
Thank you
Wayne

a few set backs lately. They ran a bunch of test on him about a month ago and said the brain had atrophied and that they didn't see much chance for improvement at this point. He ended up with a problem with the trake in the throat so they finally removed it. He has a feeding tube that goes into the stomach and fed the liquid mash. He looks healthy enough but he can't walk or anything like that. He has some voice sounds and via grunts and what have you can make know somethings but it don't look to good for a recovery at all. He gets pneumonia very east and has a lot of bouts with that.

We still take him out in the wheel chair or for rides in the van with a lift in it but even that seems lately to be a strain on him.

Sure was a waste of ones life. No one ever has really found out how it all happened although there is lots of speculation, its just that, speculation.

For sure quads and alcohol don't mix and he was way over the limit.

The guys that was with him just returned back to jail after 3 weeks out, for paroll violation for fighting again. Most speculate that a fight might have been a part of Marks accident.

again, all speculation. He will not say, and Mark can't say....

I wish there was better news, but its not the case.

Thank yo for asking Wayne....

Swampy