Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Soooo.. Royal is getting cranky again..Huh? :ranting: Well,

Ron J

I agree to a point,the way he feels,but PLEASE,do not feel your efforts or being moderator are taken for granted! I see the same thing,many viewers,with weak responses. Alot of visitors reading the posts,continually return knowing there may be an interesting post or tale to be read. Not everyone will reply,maybe for many reasons, Some may not know how to respond,some are "gun shy". Like going to a party,and not knowing anyone,first ya don't want to go! or don't want to bud into a conversation, or bother someone. But after awhile,ya feel like you know so and so better,and sometimes become great friends! Or you may not really like someone,so you stay away,but still keep in the loop to see whats going on. When i first found Findmall,i was fascinated! Holy$heet! All these crazy people metal detect? Everywhere? Guess I'm not totally a geek,or an idiot,or the only one. I would only read Minelab,or The Beach forums,or the classified to see if there was any bargains,after all,you can't own just one detector,you need 3 or 4 ! :blink: I kept seeing the "Royal's Tale's"? What the hell is that? After reading about everyone's daily finds,or how to set up your machine a million times,ya git bored abit! So finally a few yrs ago,i visited Royals Tales! I was an absentee visitor for quite awhile. Never posted,UNTIL, i felt i kinda got to know some of the regulars,posting the storeys. I wanted to post,but felt who wants to read my stories? I never hunted deer,or lived on a ranch,never kayaked,or canoed.Never visited out West, was never in the Service. Never figured anyone would be interested in how my Father was Lobstering,or how it was done, or growing up on a river, or boating to near by islands. Who else cared about seeing dying Fishing fleets in Gloucester,or Provincetown? or how i got a kidney stone,and thought i was dying? :rofl: (i can laugh now,but wasn't then) Who cared about seeing a million cars i have owned or car shows i attended for years? Who cares about seeing different vessels,or just reading funny experience's we have growing up? Raising kids,or what type of career you have,or had? WELL, the answer is HERE! ROYALS "FAMILY" !! Like quite a few others,i can't wait to view new posts,sure it slows down now and then. In the A.M, I'm expecting to see if any one started any "trouble" the night before,and may have been sent to their room! :huh: or if a great hunting tale, with a great guide,up North,has been posted, or if any Roosters got shot,down South, I want to see if any lucky person,has visited the friendly guy and his lovely wife up in the Northern Canadian country, or if i can go herding a stray calve,or escape from a snake bite,on a Ranch. May see a clown in his speedo? :surprised: View a Model! Or can i take a kayak ride,down a river,or parachute off a plateau! Even a visit to a Saltmine! I personally,enjoy posting for Royals Family,and any visitors that wish to view it. Most are personal experiences growing up,or just places i went snooping around. if you respond, fine,i appreciate all. If you don't? I like others here,would really like to meet more of you personally. As you know, Vt Dave and i have met,and we felt like we knew each other,right of the bat! Others have met,and it seems to be the same way. This place is more than reading Tales,but is also to meet friends, tell a joke,or even razz someone abit. So please,do not feel discouraged! Keep the laughs/personal experiences/TALES etc. alive! Some find it hard to write a story...Its easy..Think of a subject,or experience,and start writing....it WILL turn into an interesting story to share! Lets not read anymore about lack of posters...there will be newbies in the future. Come on Royal! ;)

would be nice...i have gold stars....[attachment 67760 PlumIsland137.jpg][attachment 67761 PlumIsland138.jpg]

n/t

n/t

:rofl: Well Wee Willy, i was speaking in general. Ya know there have been quite a few pict of different fella's using someone's body! I didn't have a clue as to who or what was real! I don't have the know how to use that photoshop stuff,so it was difficult to tell if anybody was real or not! :devil: Sorry if offended anyone! I'll keep the Water Pistol ready though,just in case.... From what i see,i mean read here,you are quite a guy,and can enlighten any social gathering. I'd split bread with you anytime!:beers:

Royal Star lately? We had a road ride at the club yesterday for our 40th Anniversary. We had all the past presidents from 1968 on leading the pack. Big group, fact I'm hoping then send me up pictures shortly for the club website as I didn't take any myself. After the ride we had a all day event at the clubhouse with food, drink, DJ and dirt bike games. Good time and fun seeing all the guys from over the years that no longer ride dirt but still ride road. We had 8 old Matchless bikes. Starting from 1948 and going up to early 60's. Some are really rare. I'll be getting pictures of those also. The first 2 riders road their 1948 vintage Matchless bikes leading the pack.
Also had a lot of Bultaco's, Rokons, Hodaka Super rats, Pentons, CZ's, Greeves, Odessa, Hondas etc. Most of the road bikes were HD's, with a few Honda's, Victorys and Kawis tossed in. A lot of them ride those Vulcan rod bikes. Not a bad looking ride at all.

We had a big display of ice racing bikes, drag bikes, hill climbers also. It was just a big open house for Central Village and the touwns around us. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, I know I did. We have one more race next weekend and thats our public event for this year for motocross. To more after than but they are private parties, one for the kids, one for the adults call men's day which starts Friday night and ends sometime Sunday. Its kind of like a 3 day game supper with stuff the guys caught all year like tunafish, deer, steamers, quahogs, cherry stones, chowder, plus the usual, chicken, steaks, burgers and junk food. Open bar at the club and the best part, demo derby. Usually about 60 cars and none leave running. A local junk man takes them all the day after the race. Not sure why, they are all wasted. Guess scrap metal is still high. Then we winterize the watering system, out houses and wash down pits and put it all to sleep till April. Most of the guys race the winter circuit down south as often as they can. The rest do indoor arena cross. That really seems to be catching on now. If I was younger I'd try it myself but I break to easy now.

Well, enough running my mouth..........

Later George-CT

Have to agree with you , most of the time I am not sure what to write other times the two finger hunt and peck will hit the keys all night .......that will be all day for you that work in the light ...:rofl:

Also have to take into account that some time it best to say nothing and be thought of as wise ? than to put something in writing and prove that idea wrong ...
Bill G.

like a great time down there! All those antiques,must be quite a sight! The food sounds terrific!!

As for photshop, Royal is the bad boy on this forum. My wife (the turncoat) started all of the speedo nonesense when she passed a picture she took of me to Mikie.
Actually, we had many a laugh over that picture. You strike me as a gentleman of the first order and I doubt I would ever hear you berate anyone on this forum. All in good fun Ron,
all in good fun! Cheers. :thumbup: