Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sometimes I Don't Understand..!

fastdraw

The wife and I hit the Carson River (NV) today..! We had to bring her two worthless dogs. But it was OK...
Anyway... here's what I don't understand sometimes...!
There is a Penny from 1920 that looks like it came from a coin store. But the rest of the modern coins look like Garbage...! Except for the old beat-Up beat half Dime, which is Silver, so I get that.
But they were all found within 100-yards of each other..!! This 1920 Wheat Penny should look terrible...!!

Attachments

• 20210530_134335.jpg
    20210530_134335.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 194
  • 20210530_172849.jpg
    20210530_172849.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 185
I have run into that too..., no answer for you though.... were all the coins found in the stream?
Lots of odd things occur while detecting and making finds.
Yesterday I found a 1925 Mercury dime that was so shallow , I thought it was just a clad dime that was recently lost.

That is a great question... once In a great while I find a large cent that isn’t heavily corroded ,the last one I found that was in great shape was found in the clay layer below the plow line and packed tightly which protectEd it from decades of fertilizers also the clay layer has natural oils in it which is kind of what I theorize might have happened to that 1920 penny or being and older penny it could have been in circulation much longer than any of those others you found collecting a small amount of hand oil from every person that has handled it...just a theory...

Sorry, I can't concentrate on the condition of the wheat because you got a SEATED HALF DIME😂. That's a big time wish lister for me, congrats!

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't concentrate on the condition of the wheat because you got a SEATED HALF DIME😂. That's a big time wish lister for me, congrats!
It's my third Half Dime in a year.. Two of them are bet and bent-up, because their so thin.... The other one had a hole drilled in it. But get what your saying.

I have run into that too..., no answer for you though.... were all the coins found in the stream?
Lots of odd things occur while detecting and making finds.
Yesterday I found a 1925 Mercury dime that was so shallow , I thought it was just a clad dime that was recently lost.
Fwcrawford..... Your 1925 shallow Mercury looks like new... isn't that the weirdest thing..? I just always find it fascinating

Actually what I meant is that I thought it was a clad dime because it was so shallow and I could see some silver... my thought was that it had not been there long enough to tarnish..it was not bright silver like I usually find.