Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Something to lift your spirits up Warthog......

Brings back memories of when I was stationed in Ft. Gordon, GA. many, many years ago. It took a while to get use to the southern drawl.

It's a great song and Alison is one of my favourites. Here is a little story about her.

I used to be in the music business and sold her music. She was on Rounder Records.

I was talking to an Executive from that label and he made some derogatory statements about Alison Krauss.

I could hardly believe it, as she is one of their top selling artists.

I asked him what was wrong.

He said "We had a big concert organised for her in front of 10,000 people (I forget the exact number, but something like that) and she said that she could not come. Do you know why?"

I didn't of course.

"She said that she had to sing at her Church. How many would be there? 100 - 150? And we had to abandon the concert."

He simply could not understand that money and fame are NOT the measures.

Alison went UP in my view, and that was not easy as she was already UP about as far as anyone could get.

She loves the Lord and seeks to honour Him, what could be better?

Thanks Sandy for your post.

Very cool story. You probably have a lot of them, being in the music industry. Would love to here more of them.

Ma Betty - sometimes on the actual video there is a volume tab that needs to be adjusted also. Not just on the computer. Wish some of us were closer so we could help you with that pesky typing problem you are having.

Martin - You pull up that Rosco guy C. Nyal was talking about in a different post. Talk about a southern draw. Lol.

Love the story. Travis and I love Bluegrass music and have been a fan of Allison and Union Station for many years. I knew she was a believer, but had never heard this story!

What is all this talk of twang? You mean everyone doesn't speak with a Southern drawl? Hmph. If y'all want to hear a drawl, give 7cents and I a ring...right Mike from MI? Lol.

I love Bluegrass too and also traditional old time country music, that is REAL country music, not the Nashville stuff.

I am a southern boy at heart, and you can't get much more south than Sydney.

A woman sang this song at church last month and I had never heard it before and had forgotten the name of it. Thanks Pete, I listened to it at dinner with the kids!