Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Someone Please pinch me ,I think i'm dreaming

shadow0966

Well I thought this day was never gonna come,I know the saying that a site is never truly hunted out but after 35 yrs I was pretty discouraged.

Finally one of the items at the top of my list to find is checked off.
A large cent but the coin is pretty crusty and very hard to see the date (I think 1905)but this one is definetly a coin and not a slug.
UPDATE: It is a british penny and not a large us cent like I thought but the british pennies are harder to find so I am still happy happy happy .

Great find shadow0966. Shame on you for detecting a site that has been hunted out. I guess you don't know there is never anything there in those sites. That is what makes it an even greater find. Keep showing us more from those old hunted out site finds. Good find.....Z

I also would like to find one.

what kind of detector do you use and how deep was this coin?

You ain't dreaming.

That's one of them big things

I been tryin ti find.

HH,

They are neat! I've only found one, at an old college grounds.......Congrats!!

I was using my TEJON and it wasn't that deep , about 5" down.But sound area (HALO)was pretty wide and I almost turned away thinking it was a can or something.