Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some "Winter Wonderland" photos.....

Ron J

[attachment 115272 DSC06905.jpg][attachment 115273 DSC06928.jpg][attachment 115274 DSC06933.jpg][attachment 115275 DSC06930.jpg][attachment 115276 DSC06929.jpg][attachment 115277 DSC06936.jpg]

n/t

were once mounted on the old Salem / Beverly Bridge. One was for storage, the other was the Bridgetenders Control room. The old bridge was outdated, too much land traffic, and too much boat traffic.There were two tenders on duty, one to open the bridge electronically, the other to manually open and close the gates. The bridge was a flat span, and a gateway between Beverly and Salem. It seemed that a boater, most likely a lobsterboat, always was either comiing or going during the most busiest commuting hours, morning, Noon or at 5:00 rush hour. Traffic was always backed up between the two cities. And getting worse. In the Summer, occasionally it couldn't shut because of heat expansion! There was talk about a new bridge since i was a kid... Finally it happened about 15 yrs ago, a high span, fixed bridge. I'll bet it was delayed for 5 years, just because the State, and the Coast Guard, couldn't agree upon the height of the bridge! Typical... Anyway, i don't know how this person, acquired the two cabins, or why. They were barged to this location, and have been dorment since. I thought it would make a neat picture, and they have a little history too them. So, there you have it! :)

Good eye Ron

Down East Hulls from Maine with the shallow draft and low profile. Wind don't move them around to much approaching lobsters pots, they move easy through the water. I remember them well as wood hulls as we sold them, but by the time they went over to fiberglass hulls we had sold our yard. I felt then and do now, that they had some of the nicest lines on the water for a boat. Good little sea boat also, wet but you will come home in it... Not a fun time of the year to be on the water right now in New England, but sure makes a beautiful picture....

George-CT

although in the late 60's when had some winters where small ponds would get an inch or two or three of ice on them.i think maybe 6 or 7 inches of snow at the most.i do believe it was much colder then with extended periods of below freezing temps.i did go swimming in the late 70's in early march in the apartments pool one year.

had drank a few beers and myself and another guy would dive in,jump out and hit the sauna,then jump back in etc.i'd like to be that age again:).

Actually this has been a busy year here so far. Seemed to get snow or ice about every 3 days..... Cabin fever will come early this year.
Horses have it already.....We are looking forward to spring....

Geo-CT

gets old real quick.i saw where a guy in spokane,washington shot at a snow plow driver last week:lol:.i know it isn't really funny but they've had record snow.i guess being shut in for awhile can really test your relationships:).

By mid winter your hating them. Nice if it melts inbetween but if they don't and freeze a few times on the sides, there is no where to push them to, My driveway ends up like a big bobsled run....We love it with the quads but then come spring the water all washed down the middle of the driveway as it can't get off the sides and you can loose a lot of processed gravel that way. A slow melt is good , but seldom happens....Then we have 3 weeks of mud season as the frost comes out of the ground.

George-CT

This winter crap gets old fast!! My drive is only a hundred and twenty ft or so, nothing like you have but it looks like you have all the man toys to do the job!!