Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Things That Make Me Say a Prayer

bubba2

Here are a few things I realized the other day that ALWAYS make me say a prayer.
(Please note: I don't mean this to be funny or making light of prayer)

Tornadoes on the way and hearing the sirens going off.

Takeoffs and landings on large passenger jets.

Surgery on me, my family or friends. I do admit that I may pray a little more with me or my family involved.

Seeing an animal trying to cross a busy street.

Seeing some unfortunate person or handicapped person and especially kids.

Lightening dancing around in the immediate area.

For my sick animals.

I have prayed for the troops on occasion and SHAMEFULLY I have said a prayer when gambling for whatever and said a lot prayers that would put things to my advantage. I have also prayed for the state or national sport teams I want to win but since their fans are also saying a prayer for their team maybe they just cancel out or they get in more prayers than our side. In any case I have noticed that we don't always win. I am not proud of the self serving prayers but I still do it without thinking which is pretty shallow of me.
By writing this post I have noticed that a good percentage of the prayers are self serving. I will work on this.

These are just a very few and if you have any then feel free to add to this. Bubba2

The truth be known, I think we all have, on occasion, made those incredibly self-serving prayers.

I pray for a cure to my family and friends, to what ails them...like cancer, hep C and other issues that I know God can heal!

Last week a friend died from cancer. I had been praying for him much more than once daily for a year and a half. You might say that "hey, your prayers aren't strong." I say, "I prayed that His will be done." You see I know the boy was right with the Lord and he has been healed and I will see him again--with a beautiful new body. You see, it's all a matter of perspective.

If alls we do is operate in the here and now and believe there is no tomorrow, then we equate ourselves as no more than livestock. That is so sad for creatures such as us, made in His image and able to live forever if only we embrace Him His way.

I pray for my friends who only live in the here and now also because I know that the only way they will change will be through the conviction and power of the Holy Spirit through their conscience.

I am selfish. I want to see all my friends in Eternity...so I pray. <><

aj

(MATT 27:22)

When I was in the eight grade, a friend and I skipped school and rode horses all day. On the way home, we ran across Mrs. Parker and I prayed that she would not tell my parents that she saw me...it worked, she never told anyone to my knowledge. I know it worked because Mrs. Parker did not like me and took every opportunity to tell my parents when she saw me doing something wrong.

Another time I made a self serving prayer was when a friend and I was in the process of painting Mr. Carter's pickup truck headlights with black paint. He must have heard us because he walked out onto the back porch and looked around. At that time, I prayed for another chance if I did not get caught. After a few tense minutes, my prayers were answered when he walked back into the house. Sad to say, I quickly back slid and we went ahead and painted the headlights...I was sweating it because I prayed for mercy of not being caught and then when the prayer was answered in my favor, I did not do my part of the deal. We worked fast at painting those headlights, had to get it done before the self serving prayer was voided. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I pray when a ambulance goes by,
and pray for the homeless,when I see terrible things on tv I pray.well you get the drift it's the least or most we can do I guess.But I pray a lot when a close one is in need. oj