Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some suggestions for detecting in the heat -

steve in so la

If your area has low humidity getting in the shade might not cause a drop in temps but around here the high humidity causes a terrific change in temps & comfort.

Here's some places to try maybe : Under bleachers with dirt areas.

Ramada's with dirt floors. One guy really cleaned up at a Boy Scout camp under these ramadas.

Sometimes the city will put play areas under freeways for adults and kids. Maybe contact the city office and ask for info on these places. At one such place they had a basketball court only. But the dirt around the court as well as the parking areas produced a ton of coins & some jewelry.

Lastly, keep those parking areas in mind, especially those with lots of trees for shade. Rocks, gravel, dirt all are hard digging sometimes but I took almost 2,000 coins out of one large park's car parking areas throughout the place.

Good luck, keep kool. Steve in so la

Good Steve, for others but I don't go MD'ing any more but when I did, I hunted in 20 degree & 97 degree weather --maybe that is what is wrong with me now--wanted to go detecting too much so left my brains at home! Oh well, my fun time went by too fast for me! Maybe I'll detect for non gold items on streets of gold! :wacko:

Maybe it is a SW thing but what is a ramada?

I jump in a lake to detect! :detecting::thumbup:

It's a roof covering over picnic type tables. Usually 4-5 tables or more in size. In poor weather everyone can sit under it. Sometimes concrete flooring but sometimes mostly dirt. Steve

n/t

Called a picnic shelter here. Or shelter house or just shelter.