Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Recent Outings, Tectin' Fever And Some .925 Links

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone,
Hope ya'll doin' aight and finding time to or decent weather to swing those Garretts'.
The weather has been fairer than normal and I've been suffering from the Tectin' Fever.

Here's some pics from some recent outings.
The first three are yards without much to look at.

The fourth I had visited a friend in the next city over and in spite of having a few drinks the night before was able to wake up early enough the next morning to try and find a cure for that fever.
There is a fire station near him which I've had my eye on as the architecture suggests a little age so I stopped by and received permission to detect.
Well all the coins were poppin' from about the mid seventies so there was either dirt brought in or removed or the place just wasn't as old as I thought.

Think I was there little more than an hour and half and it was starting to heat up quickly and with about an hour left headed over to a nearby tot lot, an environment that up to this point luck eluded me.
Using the GTI2500, after about twenty minutes got a bit of a bell but it was showing big just like the poles from the playground equipment usually do...also right next to the pole...well somehow I guess it sounded like
two bells and I decided to dig and about six inches I see a small bit of chain and I thought "O nice a little silver bracelet," and started to pull and pull and pull and there t'was. A temporary antidote because as we
all know...once you catch it there is no known cure for the Tectin' Fever except to let it run it's course...
Two firsts: silver chain and tot lot success. Chain is about 21" and weighs about 31 grams.
Enjoy the pics and HH!

Gotta love those big chunky silver neckalces and bracelets! I love pulling them out of the dirt! HH

That's a lot of knee bends!

Good fortune on that necklace.

Excellent recovery on the silver chain and nice amount of clad as well. I've been neglecting my GTI-2500 since I got the At/Pro and hope to break it out for this particular spot when I get my car out of the shop.

Fun test:
In the upper right photo you have a cylindrical object that looks something like a screwdriver handle.
Do you know what it REALLY is? :confused: