Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

some recent finds

Nice finds. I love those old English coins. Seeing we weren't colonised by the British till 1788 the chance of finding the real old coins is a bit remote. Australia did not have its own currency till about 1910. My oldest coin so far is a halfpenny, 1770 I found in the local showground although it's very worn. The only silver being a threepence, 1845 and shilling, 1891 and then some pennies and halfpennies from the early 1800's up to the early 1900's. I have permission to detect an old inn site that traded in the 1850's to 1860's and some gold diggins from the same era so will have a look at them in the near future and hopefully add to the silver collection.

Very nice set of coins there. Are these very hard to come by for you? I would think so.

Mirage

hi mirage,
These all came of a showfield site that operated
from 1762 til recently,i could even trace where the
victorian stalls were by the amount of pennies and
halfpennies found in all i have had almost 100 silver
coins from this site,even found the paddock where they
kept all the horses,livery buttons,horse furniture,buckles
etc.etc.
Nothing earlier than william III and very worn so lost
around the mid georgian times.
*incidentally this large field is opposite my mother in