Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some praise for the XP Deus

Ism

I bought my Deus in early June 2012, and not including gas and other incidental expenses, in 6 months my Deus has paid for itself in gold, silver and clad finds.
Only one other detector I own has done the same but not in such a short time and it only cost $425.
Of course I am a more experienced land hunter and know where some good spots are, I am no less impressed with the Deus.
From its design engineering, wireless performance, and multi-faceted capabilities, for me its as close to perfect as I've seen any detector.
XP, if you're reading this...Thanks for making a great product.

Good post for us lurkers to see...I've been mighty interested in one for several years. Seems like if a fellow gets one with the snorkle cable, and the quick charger battery pack, a car charging unit, maybe a spare coil, that would be the ticket? What would you get if you dont mind...?
Mud

Mud, I have the emergency charger, but I've never used it since my hunting is semi-close to home and I never hunt for more than 3hrs at a time.
I would get the larger coil if I was to get an option for it or maybe the upgrade to v3.

Mud, it seems as though you are too concerned about battery life, I usually hunt 6 or 7 hours at a time and I have hunted as many as 8 hours in one hunt and I have never had to charge the batteries of any of the Deus components while hunting. As far as an extra coil, if your concerned about the durability of the coil, don

It is an amazing detector. mine took a little over 4 months to pay for itself, which IMO is outstanding, and not many other detectors have done it that fast for me over the past 30 years.

Mud, you can make a snorkel wire relatively easy for shallow water. Ive never had the large coil or the emergency charger. Recommended extras would be an extra charge clip for the coil, and if you make a snorkel wire for UW use, then buy a good waterproof pouch/case to house the remote. Ive never(knock on wood) ran out of juice during a hunt, and a few were easily 8 hrs long. The only issue was the coil charging clip lost one of the contacts. warranty replacement was a breeze, but I bought a spare clip just in case.

Ok, thanks guys..sorry for the hijack there Ism, I keep all my gear in the truck pretty much year round, so I was thinking all I'd need then is a stock unit with the car charger and a snorkel wire. I do wade and hunt in the rain, snow, could be a totlot, or it could be in the woods..I am interested and will continue to lurk your forum and gain some more understanding to this unique machine and its usage.
Mud

Mud, I found a very cheap waterproof bag for Ipods, etc on ebay. I think the shipping cost more than the bag and its seems perfect for wireless operation.
The problem is if you use a snorkel wire, you must have the dry end very close to your headset or control unit. I am going to experiment this winter, but am hoping that the XP version of the wire will overcome that limitation.

I would recommend a 100w aux. power port inverter. I sometimes use mine with other chargers. Would work great for the Deus charger also. I've used it often enough to be a value added purchase.
You can pick one up for $20.