Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some old photos of my family and horses...............

Kelley (Texas)

Here are a few of the old family photos that I posted to the computer yesterday. I have so many old photos, finding them stored everywhere around here...in boxes, drawers and etc.

Photo #1: This is my Mother and Father. This picture was taken a few years before my Father passed away.

Photo #2: This is a photo of my Son, Dennis, with my mother in the background. Dennis is grooming his horse named "Barefoot Beau."

Photo #3: This is a photo of my Father riding a horse.

Photo #4: This is a photo of me grooming a horse, Debbie and my Mother in the background.

Photo #5: This is a photo of my Mother reaching out to touch my Son's horse.

Photo #6: This is a photo of Debbie riding a horse.

I think that these pictures were taken sometime in the early 1980's. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I see that your son has the obligatory 'grooming box'. We have a few of those around as well.

Here are a few of our horses. Some we staill have ; some have gone to uor daughters for use in her school.

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

I see that your son has the obligatory 'grooming box'. We have a few of those around as well.

Here are a few of our horses. Some we still have ; some have gone to uor daughters for use in her school; one is teaching a horse to start to accept the rider..

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

I could not help but notice that the saddle blankets on the bay horse in the first photo is identical to some saddle blankets that I had, but I can not tell if yours are blankets or a pad. That sure is some beautiful county where you folks live. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I wish I got to keep some of the nice quiet well behaved ones .Your horses look like any one could enjoy them.

Have a great day !

:jump:

Alice

which had a tendency of keeping the edge off of them...they were probably more working horses than pleasure horses. Thank you for the compliment about the horses appearing to be quiet and well behaved, which they were as a general rule, but feel assured, they were very responsive and were not as a general rule known as a beginner's horse. These are cow horses that know how to do their jobs well...good, solid horses.

Refer photos that Mike posted: I really like that bay horse in the first photo, appears that you are giving it a good work out. Alice, you and Mike would do good to ride fence with any day of the week, it would be considered an honor. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

sure posted well,is that grove of trees in the pictues with the horses and your family live oaks.usually when i see live oaks their usually sprawling big trees,not set in a grove.

i bet you do feel stuck living in a neighborhood after living out in the country most of your life,my mother's that way,she doesn't like close neighbors and likes to have a little seperation.

hope your son's doing better.

They grow in groves down here. As you are probably aware, Live Oak Trees keep their leaves year round with the exception of approximately two weeks in the spring. It is quite a sight to see them lose their leaves and get new leaves in a two week period. We have some Red Oaks that lose their leaves in the fall and get new leaves in the spring. Live Oak Trees are the native tree in the area. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

i have too many old formal group type photos. Those of your folks and son with the horses are just excellent.
Just some questions if you don't mind. I see that the young girl in the pictures had a camera, did she take any of you? Oh, and where is Debbie? You said she was there?
Have a good day friend.
Wayne

good to see you doing your thing. Who was the short person that needed a step to get on the horse? I thought for a minute there.....nah, he has curly hair :D
Wayne

Debbie is also in the last photo...riding a horse. Your typing indicates that you are in trouble again and are typing on the key board while hiding under the bed. :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :jump:

to write. I would think that it would be in your best interest to be nice just a while longer...I will be thinking about that remark as I write the last part tonight. :rofl: Just try to stay out of mischief for a few more hours, OK? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

i may be kinda foolish (read dumb) but not stupid! :rofl:
Now be nice or i will tell Sunny what your middle name is :cool:
Enjoy your day old buddy old pal :D
Wayne

you will continue with many more! I have the same problem you do, so many photos and trying to get them on disk. My capabilities on the computer are, well, you all know. That's why I love my digital camera. It actually records on a disk, and when it is full I just put the dates it covers, and file it. I still have a long, long way to go, but I have been having all my photos for the past five years dropped to a CD when I had them developed. I never knew they would ruin, though! I thought they were supposed to last a lifetime!

Thanks again, and show us more!:)

are particularly cute! I would love to be able to go out any time I wanted and ride a horse! You are all very lucky to be enjoying their company! :)

I am thinking about posting some pictures of some of the cows and the ranch.

My camera does not have the built-in disk recorder like yours. I have started scanning the photos with a scanner, then transferring them to the computer. Royal suggested that once they are on the computer, that I needed to transfer them to a DVD disk for permanent storage. I think that Royal's suggestion is the correct way to go. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)