Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some of you are missing three good interesting stories posted above................

Kelley (Texas)

"Dances With Chainsaws," "Old Man's Early Years." and "The Bermuda Gunpowder Plot" are interesting stories. These folks put a lot of effort into writing these stories and it sure would be great if you could take just a minute or two to give them a simple "thank you" for sharing them with the Forum. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

some folks come and put up stories but do not bother to respond to other stories. I know that we are a tight group here and it got that way from mutual respect, some of the finest people anywhere on this site and that is rare to say the least. I am not even convinced that a whole bunch of posters would be so good? Now and then we get a replacement for us burned out peeps and thats good.
Royal and you are correct in saying that some are just takers and cannot be bothered to be polite and give credit ..........that is their loss.

posting on this Forum. I guess that I just do not understand what is happening to the Forum lately and it does bother me to a certain degree. Lots of folks read the stories, but few take the time to post a comment or two...I also do not understand how some will write a story, but never post a comment to the stories that other folks write. To a certain degree, I put some of the blame on my shoulders for evidently not posting the type of stories that folks might find interesting. I probably need to go back to the horse and cow stories, shy away from the bike stories about the rides to the small towns in South Texas. Wayne, maybe a simple comment box could be added at the bottom of any story posted...just check: Did you like the story, yes____ no_____. If you did not like this story, please check the type of story that you would like to see posted: a story about bears ____ , a story about fishing ____ , a story about football ____ , a story about sex ____ , other _____ . This is something to think about. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

and then post the story after Royal goes to bed. Chances are that Royal may not pick up on what we are doing, right? You could tell a story about how you accidentaly shot yourself while on a bear hunting trip and when you were recovering in the hospital, a beautiful nurse had the "hots" for you and would sneak into your room late at night. I could probably write a story where a band of lady bikers wanted me to spend a week camping out with them. You can write better then me, so you will have to write the first story, OK? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

And you are also such a better writer...you need to go first and lead by example. You can do it, trust me! You might want to wait until Carol goes to bed...she would be heeping so much praise on you that it might distract you just a tab. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

here I replied to twice but never got a reply back in private or public. Thats fine, its all about choice but it works both ways, so I don't reply to his. Not the end of his world for sure or mine. I may miss a reply from time to time but not many. I look forward to seeing the different post from the guys and gals on here. I usually have up 3 or 4 browsers and jump from interest to interest. Usually this forum, the dirt bike forum, the Victory Road bike forum and my wifes horse forum. The biggest problem I have on this one is I read about 4 of the Findmall forums daily and from time to time forget which one I'm on, only post to one, and thought I was in another... If I catch it I go back and delete it. That last 2 days, I had to redo much of the Dirt bike forums so that many our private and password access only, and the ones for the general public open to all. Different bike clubs jerking each other around kind of forced the issue. Kept me busy for 2 days but Its done..... Lots of new pictures coming in to that site now so I'm busy daily putting up new pictures.

Geo

and also posted to the wrong forum:biggrin: I was kinda angry at myself the other day, while looking for an old post i found that i had referred to a friend by the wrong name. It was on my gold forum and the friend was you! :blush: Remember the link you posted about mining in South America? Sorry i am!:blush:

I could see the posted comments now, how folks would be congratulating you for writing a story of this nature. Royal would be bending over backwards thanking you for writing it! This Forum would soar to new heights and you will get the credit...would be a hero. Wayne, you could pull this off without a hitch, trust me. I am a quiet type of person and lack the imagination or skills to do something of this magnitude, but you are the right person for the job. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

I had spent several hours writing it and was not very happy with it. At the same time, other folks evidently did not find it very interesting either as only three or four had posted a response after being on the Forum almost an entire day. For some reason, I had a very difficult time writing it...accidentally deleted some pictures on the camera disk card, and other problems when writing it. Mike, writing these stories are not easy for me and I often have to work at it to make them half way presentable for posting on the Forum. This three part story was by far the most difficult one that I had written and after thirty or forty folks had read it, with very poor response, it confirmed just how poorly it was written and presented to the Forum. I was embarrassed and asked Royal to delete it. Sorry, but I will try to write a better one next time. Please always remember that writing a story is not my cup of tea...I have to work at it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Hi Fellow Story Tellers,

It gives me great pleasure to tell stories that tell a listener something that they may learn from or enjoy. When I see that one of my tales has had a number of readers, I'm pleased and not annoyed if they fail to reply. It is nice to have someone moved enough to reply, but being able to tell the story is where it's at for me. I know that the "Post" venue has this limitation and accept it. I hope you find my efforts (I'm a 1 and sometimes 2 finger typist!!!) of value, and I pray that you wonderful writers take heart and continue to offer us your wit and wisdom!!!

Thanks for saying my "Old Man" story is worth the read.

Bye for now Friends,

Cupajo