Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some of My Homemade Tools

Nocanfind

I enjoy making my own tools for detecting. I thought I would share a few with yall in the thought that you might be interested in making one for yourself. If any of you have a tool or idea that you have had would you please post a picture or give us the info. I love seeing other people's ideas. The best of luck to all. Ken

Hi Nocanfind,
Now that's what I call ingenious! So that's what a coin popper looks like. Just a question, how do you use the recovery tool, the one with the seratted blade? Just a little unclear on it.
Thanks, Ang

Nocanfind, your hand made stuff is simply GREAT!!! It's amazing what you come up with for detecting! Anyway, I'm almost finished with the Quattro recovery tool (I'll post ya a picture when it's complete). I just need to cut and glue the inner tube to the cap, then I can use it next week on the beach. I was looking for a picture of a coin popper to post for Angela, however your picture is much better then what I could find. Anyway, keep up the good work and posts. Good hunting to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angela I have been using that tool with the serrated edges for years. It is my recovery tool that I use when I am relic hunting or coin hunting in parks and such. It is the best tool I have ever used. The serrated edges cut through roots like butter and the curve of the blade is just right for prying. The spring steel will last a lifetime.It has just enough wait to it to aid in digging. To me a good digging tool is just as important as any thing you have. It makes recovering targets in hard dry ground much easier due to its chisel point. Thanks for looking and good luck. I sure have enjoyed your comments and pictures.

Hi again Nocanfind,
Could you describe the method you use with the coin popper. I'm very interested in exactly how it works. You see, some of the parks or camping areas I've detected are often visited by the local shire blokes who mow lawns, etc. I feel this tool could alleviate any problems that might occur with the locals, who don't like the lawns marked in any way. I look forward to your reply!
Cheers Angela

Angela pinpoint your target the best you can then take the brass probe and locate the target. Once you have located the target take the coin popper and push it down under the target and pop it out of the ground. You can use a screw driver to do this but the coin popper has a curved blade and makes it much easier. Hope this helps. If you still have questions please dont hesitate to ask. Good Luck.

Nocanfind
Thats a killer knife, I have an old hand me down with a spring blade. It has a rosewood handle and it keeps an edge real well. That must have taken some time to put those teeth in but they look good!I can't see where grass roots would give that blade any trouble.I use mine as my sod knife and it has served me well over the years.