Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some of my finds from this year...

cubfan64

I got a really late start this year due to all sorts of other obligations, but I'm been working pretty hard the last few weeks.

The other finds I made went as gifts to my nieces and I messed up and deleted the pictures from the camera :(

Taking the day off work Friday for my birthday and gonna hit it hard, so hopefully have more to post in a week or so.

The big ring on my thumb had me excited for the briefest of moments when I looked into my scoop, but alas it's as fake as fake can be - in fact what looks like stones along the sides are really just 2 sections of cut glass - and the middle cut glass "stone" rattles back and forth in the cheap setting. The only saving grace is that it's sterling silver.

Spent some time at a local beach last night - it was fenced off and closed at 9pm, but I did the whole "kayak from the boat launch over to it at midnight* and hunted in the water for 2-3 hours.

Had one moment where the police stuck a spotlight on me and yelled asking me what I was doing and told me the beach was closed for the night. I was very polite and told them I knew that, but I had used a kayak to come out into the water and metal detect from the boat launch. They asked if that was my car there, I said yes and a couple minutes later they shouted "you're ok then, just be careful out there and don't go on shore."

I was actually surprised - I fully expected them (small town cops) to be pricks about it and I didn't feel like pressing my luck (didn't want to be hauled to jail or fined on my bday you know :p).

Didn't find nearly as much as I had expected - seems competition is getting more and more fierce for the good spots. Got some trash jewelry, a couple bucks in coins and a .925 ring.

Better than nothing and had a good time.

Yeah, the reason is they have no jurisdiction in the state's waters. They could not make you leave there anyway! You got there by boat and were not on land. It's fair game and open season there for pirates! ARRRRRR! GH