Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

some more questions about ace250

cavinkeven

Ok, I just took coil cover off of my factory probe on the ace250. Man was that a job....I just too the coil off and fingernailed it on the edges and pulled as I went around, had a little bit of dirt between the sides of the cover and the coil. Any tips on an easier way? I thought about maybe putting a coat of car wax around the outer edge of the coil then wiping clean to make it slicker, but the outer edge is rough so it would be hard to get it all out of the pits. One thing that helped a little in holding it was to run a screw driver through the mounting hole on the coil, one almost the size of the hole, being careful not to enlarge the hole though. Also I used a shotgun cleaning rod with the fuzzy barrel cleaner on the end to clean inside my extension tubes. Worked great!! I know to avoid using anything greasy or oily on it as it will attract dirt to stick on the coil etc. Well, I had thought of some more questions but have forgotten now lol. I'll think of them when I get out hunting today, then forget again when I get home lol. I bought me a fanny pack at wal mart to put my finds in, the main compartment is perfect size for the factory coil so if I get out and find a trashy spot I can put the sniper on and store the factory coil in this pocket, has some other pockets on it for goodies, food, cellphone(is it safe to store a cellpone near a coil? I assume coils contain magnets), etc. also a pocket on each end with two lexan bottles, the left end where the belt attaches has a little cloth tab good for sticking your coin probe through to have it handy. Also, I found it works better and is alot more secure to stick the probe through the rubber hole in the top of the bag which is to run you're mp3 players headphone wires through. The probe would probably tend to want to fall out when through the cloth tab. The rubber one holds it securely!! Just make sure not to stab your sandwiches.lol I took a pic but it's too large for the forum. The brand is "outdoor products" in the camping section at wal mart. I remember my other question. "Exactly" what part of my factory coil will pick up the object? In normal mode and in pinpoint? Seems like pinpoint it picks up in the large hole just in front of the mount is this correct? Thanks

I don't use coil covers but maybe you could run some clear silicone around the crack. That way you won't have to keep taking it off to clean it.
There is no magnet in the coil. A cell phone and coil can get along together - unless one of them cops an attitude!

When I take that cover off I hold the mounting
tab as a place to grab it, and then slightly push
down on the front and back corners using the side
of my thumb. You want to push it off as even as possible,
or it will bind up.
So I'll push each end a little bit at a time until
it pops off. Don't put too much force on the mount
tabs when you do that, and don't squeeze them together.
I've never had any problems, but it's possible one
could break off if you got carried away with the force.
Normally, it should pry off fairly easy if you take it
off fairly regular. It's when one is on for a real long
time and gets stuck that they can be a hassle.
When fairly clean, it's real easy once you get the hang.
The pinpoint uses the inner coil. Anytime the coin is
under the inner coil, you will hear a tone. When you
draw the coil back until the tone quits, you know the
coin is now just in front of the inner coil. BTW, you
can also pinpoint using the back end.. Works the same.
But most use the front end.
MK

Shallow targets will come under the front center tip of the inside oval on the coil. Deeper targets a little further back from that point. The coil pinpoints a lot like a DD coil.

Bill