Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some lessons our parents and grand parents learned

Royal

long ago that we might have to relearn. I hope not

http://www.wikihow.com/Apply-Lessons-Learned-from-the-Great-Depression

n/t

you would be amazed at the number of people who seldom cook a meal,plus all the packaged foods you buy at the store.i'm guilty of this myself.have a buddy who subsists on fast food,and it's not very thrifty.

i remember my dad relating a story about he and a cousin of his hopping a train from dallas to houston and only having onions to eat on the ride back and almost getting caught by the police jumping from atop the boxcar.he said they seldom did anything but warn,i guess the railroad people were a little rougher.

i wonder how much our society would change if women still stayed at home and no one watched t.v.i read the other day that younger people watch less television than we do.the reason i mentioned women staying home is that when times get real hard they are usually the first to lose their jobs.

While we were there, I rarely saw Alice or Mikie open a can of anything. And remember the apples and cold water we ate and drank one day on a ride with them. Those were the best dang apples I ever had, and we picked them right off a tree on the side of the road. EVERYTHING she cooked was wonderful, and I still make that home made bread! I have to watch it though. With those home made raspberry preserves will make one derriere wider! Alice and Mikie both taught me a lot of things, but I still cannot bring myself to kill my chickens. Killing my pig was traumatic enough! Alice told me never to NAME an animal being raised for food, that it makes it easier. I still haven't been able to do that one! :lol: Anyway, just thought I'd let you know we are slowly but surely changing. Some of it is not fun, but necessary! Thanks for the article. :)