Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some interesting friends...........

Wayne in BC

My buddy of 40 years Grant and his wife Betty have embarked on quite a project. I could not talk about it for the past few years for security reasons which you will understand after viewing their website and links.
Many of their trees came from nuts from my trees when they started several years back.

I have mentioned Grant in some of my hunting stories, here he is with a "Truffle puppy"
[attachment 102060 Duckettsnewbaby7.jpg]

[video]http://www.ducketttruffieres.com/growing_truffles.htm[/video]

Truffles in BC

You think that Jacks would be decent.....?? Nah!! Too easily distracted by rabbits, squirrels and the like.

I hope that it works for them . Nice to see a little competition for the continent. :):

cal seas

Mikie

Talk about starting from scratch. Need more patience than I have for sure. Very impressive operation. I hope it does all he wants and more. I've heard of them but don't think I've ever ate one. Seems like I've heard of them using animals to find them, only my mind is saying with pigs.... Sure looks like a labor of love that could be very profitable also.

Thanks for post and I wish him the best of luck....

George-CT

whilst doing many other things. He and wife Betty are also third generation trappers, commercial pilots, (bush planes) heavy equipment operator, etc, in northern Alberta where they started the first and largest Game farm in the country.
I learned trapping and got a degree in advanced hunting from Grant in the 60's. They moved here about 7 years ago supposedly to retire :biggrin:
Those frenchmen can have their truffles, to me they just taste weird but the money is nice;)

known as the "white Oregon truffle". Quite common and i have found them but not much commercial value because no hoity toity European chefs or royalty have decided they like them:shrug: Heck i don't like any of them, just a meat and taters guy:biggrin:
BTW........have you seen some of the solutions to wireless internet signal gather they are building lately? We are going to try and set one up for Grant as he is too far from Telus repeaters for highspeed and is also stuck with dialup. Some of these claim up to 20 miles range. This one seems hokey but it works........

tin can wireless

problem up here is that the local internet society has a lock on service for a specified number of years [do not know how many though]. So, if telus has high speed [which they do not in our area], then they are locked out by that clause.

Studpi thing though, you look outside our driveway and there is this big , black, cable running on the telephone poles. That is fibreoptic cable put in lo these many years back. However, telus cannot, or will not, let us access it. :(:

fair winds

Mikie