Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some folks never learn.

metalfoot

I have been a Firefighter/Paramedic for over 18 years. I have been in many different situations some scary, some normal, some anything but normal, and some funny. Well this is one of the many funny calls I have ran. The call is to respond to a GSW (Gun Shot Wound) in one of Atlanta's Projects. Now keep in mind usually in these places a call such as this is usually very messy and the outcome is not good. When we arrive on scene dispatch informs us the scene is secured by the APD (Atlanta Police Department). We pull up to the address and get out ready to work a trauma and are taking in the scene. Well there is not really much of a scene to take in. One PD car instead of several.

I see a lone police officer standing on the porch talking to a young (early teens) male, but I see nobody laying on the ground so I'm thinking the patient must be inside one of the apartments. I ask the officer who's been shot. The young man he was talking to say's "That's me sir." I look at him and I don't see any blood plus the fact that he is standing. So I ask him "Where were you shot?"

He looks at me and say's "In the kitchen." I chuckled and said "No man, where on your body are you shot?" He immediately undoes his new looking green corduroy pants (thank god he had on undershorts) and points to his right knee where I see a small hole the size of a 22 cal (eraser head for non gun savvy folks). There is no blood nor exit wound so this call is not near as bad as first expected.

On the way to the hospital I ask him how he got shot and he says "My girlfriend shot me." So I said "Why did she shoot you?" and he says "Cuz I called her a Bytch." I asked "Did you learn a lesson from all this?" He says " Yea, not to call her a Bytch when she has a gun in her hands." I asked him if this was his first time being shot, he said no it was like number 3 or 4. You know he most likely end up getting shot again after his response of not calling his girl friend a name when she is armed. Some folks never learn. but as long as people do stupid things Police, Firefighters and EMT/Paramedics will always have jobs.

I

n/t

I bet you have seen some sights in your job. I couldn't do your job, thank God the're folks like you who can. Thanks for a interesting read and welcome to the forum!

Hope he learns what it is before they get in a good shot. We use 5 local EMT/Paramedic units from the local fire company's at our Dirt bike track all year for race events. We donate to them from each race and they sure get a lot of practice. From time , all 5 units are gone and we have to wait until at least one returns. Fortunately, this is not to often. Thanks for the great service you guys and gals provide to communities. Welcome to the forum.

George-CT

n/t

This one ought to get stickied :D With his job I am sure he has a bunch of story's:thumbup: