Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some finds while housesitting...

Steve(OR)

... the house was built in 1952, and there's lots of lawn to detect - - but just not much there.

Dug $1.43 in clad...

5 crusty wheats (51, three 55s, and a 56)... oh, and I can't forget the lead fishing weight! :rofl:

[attachment 120804 wheats.jpg]

and 2 war nickles - both 1943 (one P and one S). NO 3 over 2 (cr@p!) on the "P" that I can see with a 20X loupe - no "doubled eye" either (but then again, I've never seen a 'doubled eye' so who knows!?)

[attachment 120805 war_nickels.jpg]

It's fun diggin' those war nickels - they always seem to sound great, but land all over the Smartfind. The "P" was hugging the bottom of the screen - the "S" about where a zinc penny hits.

SCM

I like those war nickles also. i have one complete collection and could just about make five more except for the key date nickle is hard to find here Ive only found one. Good luck.

Usually they hit where nickels should. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another coin in the whole where the nickel hit at the zinc mark. Was there another coin? Try sweeping the location again.

Chris

I checked the hole again - nothing. But there was iron pretty close, and the soil is fairly hot too (.... running sensitivity from 18-20 max, and still a bit hinky).

But, I'll dig 90% based on tones anyway...

OK, I just air tested both nickels again - still the same as in the ground ~ ~ the "P" comes in 'low' (10-05), and the "S" comes in 'high' (07-22). :confused:

Oh well, I'll still take 'em no matter where they show on the ID !! :detecting:

SCM

,,, being wartime, everything rationed, I would bet that some of the alloys used were impure, generally inferior or less than stated. And since this coin was a "one off" anyway, I'm sure quality control was pretty lax.

This is just supposition, of course... :unsure:

SCM

Awesome!!! I love finding those war nickels!!! They count as silver to me!!! I found they hit just a touch higher than a Buffalo! If you switch over to the numbers, They jump from 6-7 stay pretty much at seven!! I dig almost all those nickel signals, hoping to pop out a gold ring!! Keep up the great work!!!!!
Derrell