Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Bee's for Fred :D

Royal

I was setting on my deck and the bees seem to love my hummingbird feeders. To keep them away and try to prevent them from contanimating it I decided to put out a small cup of nectar for them to feed on. It is not a complete success but a lot seem to be attracted to it.

Some will fly down and stand right on the nectar, the surface tension seems to be enough to hold them.....usually. Many break through it and drown. I have put a stick in it so they can crawl out.
The little suckers get into fights occasionally, as you can see in this shot. They are right on the liquid and really at each other. You can see the dimples in the surface tension. I thought it was interesting to see.

[attachment 103046 bee4.jpg]

The next one I dedicate to Fred. I used his method to get it to hold still. They sure can scoot around!! But not this one :D

[attachment 103048 bee2.jpg]

This next one is a dang wasp and it is hard to get close to these suckers. This is the best I could do and it sent me a running into the house. He didn't like his pitcure taken I guess:rofl:

[attachment 103049 bee6.jpg]

The other bees don't seem to be bothered by me and these are just some more shots of them.

[attachment 103050 bee1.jpg]

[attachment 103051 bee3.jpg]

[attachment 103052 bee5.jpg]

them and the Wasps are a real problem here some years. Three years back i used up 6 cans of Brakeclean getting rid of them because i would get stung nearly every day around my yard!
Brakeclean is great stuff, one touch and they fall out of the air dead:thumbup:
Only a few this year and not aggressive so i do not bother them.

n/t

I use the same sprays you guys use. Sure does the trick. We got into a bunch of them today that were in the ground out in the woods as I was pulling a big red oak the rest of the way down that went over in a storm. As I bent over the wrap the chain around it
a pack of them came out of the ground to greet me. Only got hit twice. It was late in the day, but Diesel start fluid will deal with them tomorrow when I go back. I need that red oak more than they do... It was about a 80 foot leaner so wanted it down also, but now I'll get it right in by the wood splitter and stack it up for later this year.

Geo-CT

A heavy mixture of soapy water it will knock them down quick. They breather through there skin, it suffocates them, that's what the bee remove guys do down here.

n/t