Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Soil dampness

Nox63

Which is better for dirt, does does dry dirt typically go deeper that wet dirt? I live in Pennsylvania. It’s dirt and clay mostly. Not sandy. Just wondering what you all think.

Thats going to depend what the dirt is made of....... possibly how much salt in there as well. Typically....... moisture will LIGHT UP targets better and its less compact than dry dirt. Some targets maybe more responsive to moisture as well...... like rusted iron what often has a HALO affect from bleeding into the soil as it breaks down. In some cases if the machine gets to chatty in some modes rather than lowering the sensitivity...... switch to beach 1 with a salt setting may work better.

Thank you , I’ll have to try the beach mode. My yard has been so wet this year. It never really dried up. I have pulled so much stuff out. Some junk some not junk. But I seem to find more every time I go over where I have been many times. So I figured some of that must have to do with how wet or dry it is. I have just been running on field 2 for awhile then I switched to park one then part two. When I first got the nox 600 it seemed like field one was more sensitive but not that may have changed it seems park 2 is working pretty good. I dig all solid signals. Thanks for the input!

dewcon4414 said:
Thats going to depend what the dirt is made of....... possibly how much salt in there as well. Typically....... moisture will LIGHT UP targets better and its less compact than dry dirt. Some targets maybe more responsive to moisture as well...... like rusted iron what often has a HALO affect from bleeding into the soil as it breaks down. In some cases if the machine gets to chatty in some modes rather than lowering the sensitivity...... switch to beach 1 with a salt setting may work better.

Hi Dew....I enjoy your excellent posts.

The rusty iron's halo.....the 'effect' of that..(FE-wise)....is a myth;
( if you're likening it to the 'halo' of a silver coin)....which 'enlarges' its conductive image.

Rust itself is not effectively conductive....Rather, it's the 'integrating-soil' aquired by the iron, that tends to 'light-up' when acquiring dampness.....It's that conductive element,which helps produce any 'positive' reponses.......(Rust lessens the original FE factor of the remaining iron.

Rust simply adds its contritbution to the soil's FE factor..........matt....