Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So what's your Treasure Hunting habits??

[size=large]Greetings everyone.

As I was swinging the detector this morning at 3am....I was wondering if I was insane or not? Regardless, I wanted to know what everyone's Metal Detecting habits are. A few questions to ask/answer:

1)How often do you Metal Detect (i.e. how many times a week/month/year)?
2)How many hours a day do you Metal Detect (ir whenever you go out)?
3)What's your favorite time of the day to MD?
4)Any other comments you'd like to add?

Thanks all,

T[/size]

TenedorDelDiablo said:

As I was swinging the detector this morning at 3am....I was wondering if I was insane or not? Regardless, I wanted to know what everyone's Metal Detecting habits are. A few questions to ask/answer:

Thanks all,

T[/size]

I can reply for m`self and if allowed for some guys from Ochard Beach who maybe do not read Internet:throw:.

I hunt two times a week , 6.30 a.m. - noon. Never collected more than $1.80 clad but I love :cheekkiss:the process and thrill. So far. I`d love to swing every day, but I work:nopity:. BTW , I never get up earlier than 9.30-10.00 A.M. on "normal" days. "Other " days. On "those" two my days I wake up at 5 without alarm. Weird, isnt it?:smoke:

Those regular guys in Orchard Beach ( 10-15 hard corers in total I guess) are all retired in their 60sh-70sh-80sh:stars::stars::stars:. So they swing every day, 6.30- 18.30, without any days -off. Stopping from time to time to retell to each other stories how 15 years ago they used to bring home from the beach six-seven rings, medallions, bracelets a day and now - only old batteries, hair boobs and pull tabs:pulltab:. I love these harmless guys:twodetecting::twodetecting::twodetecting::twodetecting::twodetecting::twodetecting:. I want to be like them in thirty years. I cannot understand why they are hated by those in power:veryangry:. They clean the nature. They fill even the smallest holes even in the sand.

I do not want to highjack your thread. A bientot!:canadaflag:

TenedorDelDiablo said:

I have often wondered, "WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING OUT HERE"? Does that mean I'm insane?

3-4 times a week
6-8 hours, but there are exceptions
As long as it's dark, I'm HAPPY! I hunt in the daylight, ONLY during duress or in the dead of winter, when it hurts to hunt at night. No interviews, no kids and nobody in my way, I like it!
Get cha some!

Thanks all,

T[/size]

[size=large]Well....I'm glad to know there are a few here that don't like to have others around them when they hunt. Personally, I can't stand when I'm pinpointing something and I have an audience of on-lookers. This is why I choose to go super duper early in the morning. No crowds, no onlookers and no competition. lol I'm starting to venture out into the surf at night too (headlamp on) during low-tide. Sometimes I think I AM crazy for being out there....sometimes for nothing but a pocket full of pennies. But its the possibility of what COULD be found that keeps be going. To boot....I have the perfect job to help me with my "addiction" as I only work 7 days a month. Aahhhhhhhhh[/size]:hot:

TenedorDelDiablo said:

IF I'M VERY LUCKY, MAYBE BOTH DAYS ON THE WEEKEND, BUT THAT'S A VERY LUCKY WEEK!
A COUPLE YEARS AGO, WHEN I'D GO OUT ON MY OWN, I'D GO OUT ALL DAY - UP TO 13 HOURS OR SO - REALLY!!!!! BUT LATELY, HAVE ONLY BEEN GOING OUT AN AVERAGE OF 1.5 TO 2.50 HOURS EACH TIME, DEPENDING UPON MY SITUATION.
ASK ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME - I'M NOT A MORNING PERSON, SO MY FAVORITE TIME IS ABOUT AN HOUR OR SO BEFORE DARK, WHEN PEOPLE ARE STILL ON THE BEACH AND SO ARE THE "BUTT MARKS" OF THE DRY SANDERS!!!!!!
I WISH I WAS RETIRED SO I COULD HUNT ALL DAY!!!! THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE, BE GRATEFUL!!!

HAPPY HUNTING, STACEY