Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So some of my conjecture was wrong on the New Excall II. I got a call from a excellent soarse who has never lied to me and his info has always been RI

Tinfoil

1. Lime green color.

2.Lighter Slimline coil. I was right before on that. CONJECTURE. Probley the same one that is on the GT. Didn't ask, didn't have too.

3.SAME ELECTRONICS as before. NO CHANGE. :thumbdown: Maybe some day they will put the GT guts in it. :thumbup:

4.New and better Nimh battery pack. Don't know capaicty did not ask. Here it is again CONJECTURE on my part. I figuar it is the same capacity as the GT Nimh pack.

5.So are there improvements. Yes.

6.Will I get a new one. NO, why would I.

7.So I threw in a few more conjectures 0n my part. :D: :D:

8.So what do you think??? :shrug:

9. I am gone to the Beach to hunt. :detecting: :wave:

10. Sorry about the other conjecture. :devil:

11. HH Jerry aka Tnfoil

Those are exactly the same changes that MY ultra-reliable source told me.

So my take on it is this:

If you are in the market for the best beach machine around and don't currently have an Excalibur, get yourself an Excalibur II.

If you already HAVE an Excal, stick with it and wait for the Excalibur GT or the Excalibur SE (???)

Personally, I don't see why they couldn't have added AT LEAST a nice straight shaft and maybe a frequency-shift (band selector) toggle. THAT would have been nice...as many Excals as I hunt around. But since they didn't change the guts, understandable why no freq shift. But the straight shaft??? Coulda done it. SHOULDA done it! Bad Minelab :nono: no cookie for you! :)

Minelab works in mysterious ways, huh? They DO make some killer machines though...gotta give 'em that. :shrug:

Isnt there supposed to be an improved signal response and something about handling salt water better also? And I believe I read Minelab is offering as an option a straight shaft (or similiar). Always nice to have a choice:cheers:

Probably we will see something shortly with a pic and info. I was waiting for one with the tornado coil and ordered one so anything else is just a bonus.

HH
Neil

Hey buddy.

I already put some 1200 mAH NimH. It only cost me $10.00 with shipping. I could have put some 1500mAH but the price would have been a substantial difference.

I already put on a Tornado coil with a water-proof connector.

My headphones are Gray Ghosts.

All mounted on a fiberglass straight shaft.

Now I need some lime green paint. LOL

There is a photo of it on the minelabowners website. It isn't a good picture and it is in the short pole dive posture for the photo. The green seems to be a banner type decal on the electronics tube. The coil is black but in the photo it seems to have some yellow markings. Could be tape applied by the individual who posted. I want one. More than one Excal makes papa happy. When papa ain't happy, mama don't give a sh:t.

This was the same info we seen when the Sovereign GT came out as it was the same as the Elite and the older Sovereign XS series, just added silent search switch and now you can ground balance all metal, turn iron mask off plus the straight shft. Those of us the know the Sovereign well know there was more than than that was changed as the GT is more sensitive and does go deeper and IDs deeper too. I wonder if the new Excalibur II has some of the same circuits the GT has as these were improved over the older Sovereign and I would think they will be using the newer circuity. Just have to wait and see after a few experienced users have used one for a while and find out if they are better or not.

no change to electronics, a coat of paint and a new battery, after all these years a very, very, poor effort by minelab

n/t

I think they are still very similar.

The GB of all metal is the main difference for the GT.

The main chip is the same name and revision number in my two sovereigns. I have an Elite, and a GT.

Makes me wonder what a person is really paying for on a new Excal as a 'step up' from an older one.

ed

You know how sceptical I was. Well it is going to stay. It is also more Sen. then the older Sov."s too. I :inlove: this thing. Going to get a 12.5" Excellerator coil for it tomorrow. I want one to see how deep they are. I will call you later. You are a bigger Lurker then I am. :rofl: HH Later, Jerry aka Tinfoil

I have been using other coils, and I am really getting attached to the concentric coil for its sensitivety to smaller items.

I also like the Joey coil. The size and ease of pin-pointing to me, makes it a killer at parks.

I even like the little 5-incher.

The one thing I need to get used to is that the target volume has gotten louder.

I might sell the 10-inch Tornado along with my elite. (still trying to put a descent package together)

take care

ed

1, Electronics have some sort of new shield. So new Excal is more sensitive to targets and less bothered by saltwater and electrical interference.

2, Excalibur II 1000 will be delivered by Christmas.

My thoughts are new Excalibur model might have something to do with original patent expiration? Might be wrong on that.

In any case I bet the Excalibur II will perform better in the field. Even just a 10% performance increase would be fantastic! I have found so many gold items with my Excaliburs over the years, that I vote the 800 the best H2O gold-finder of all! I have tried most water machines, VLF and Pulse. Keep in mind there are some things I do not like about Excaliburs and have a sort of Love-Hate relationship with them! But Minelab may have addressed those problems with the II!

I am always open to trying other detectors, no matter how simple or what reputation they have. But Excaliburs sure find the gold and any improvements on the II are welcome and worth the extra price in my opinion, because... Excaliburs have a way of paying for themselves quickly! Oh, I have a feeling the market will soon be flooded with older models for sale. I for one have sold my Excaliburs. Ebay is a great place for doing that.

I plan to purchase the new 800 and 1000!

CC.

Well the new shielding is definitely a positive addition to the specualtion and certainly worth AT LEAST 2 cents! And could indeed make the machine perform better and be more stable. Though I have little to complain about with my Excal I as it is, so I have no real "dog in this fight". :)

Current model Excaliburs are great, but they sure can be noisy and go crazy underwater for no apparent reason! Threshold goes berserk and only fix is to run coil past scoop to resolve- or turn machine off and on. Happened with all my machines in saltwater! Also threshold would return louder with iron rejection. So when threshold lowered with iron buzz, normal threshold would return too low with higher conductive target response- then had to turn threshold back up again. That requires constant threshold adjustment. Same on all 6 to 9 machines I owned! I Pray new Machine resolves this!

Oops... wonder where that photo came from?