Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So many beaches so little time!

shocker2u

Iron man triathlon going on in Clearwater beach tomorrow w.Rib fest weekend at Saint Pete park another 100k expected..do i work the beach were i found a ring but little else or find a new spot to try?Not many people in the water as it has been cool (74-79) water temp down to 66.I thought i might try some smaller beach parks .The gulf beaches are so long and wide there is not a big concentration of people.The smaller park beaches may concentrate more stuff to find.Thinking out of the box a little trying to find that loaded beach.I have not tried any fresh water rivers yet on my list of to do's though.Got kayaks today so we can paddle oh i mean pedal to new spots too.Yes its christmas in november in Wayne"s world!New toys !I went to Saint pete beach yesterday and was overwelmed by the miles of beach.Went to Clearwater beach and worked the water wednesday with nothing much to show for my 5 dollar parking.I did see4 other detectors going though.I huntes Pass a Grill beach tuesday with not much luck either.I mounted control box on shaft of md so i get to see how that works tommorow.Ialso added a bungee lanyard too so i dont have my machine wash away and can let it go if i need to to dig.First week has been good and i plan on given em heck tommorow !think positive right? Today's the day! Keep em swingin! Wayne

Shocker, if you go North past the Hilton about 6 blocks just North of Rock -A-Way Bar and Grill on Clearwater you have about 2 blocks of free parking and side roads to park on for free. I hit the water there and work my way to South of the pier in a couple hrs. Have found some nice stuff behind the bar. Drunks water and jewelry you gotta love it. Also look behind the Hilton just north of the pier. There are tons of hunters hitting Clearwater beach during the week, I see them on the web cam all the time. Have you tried Ft. DeSoto Park in St Pete. It is also a nice place to hunt. HH

Thanks so much just started this week!Going to honeymoon island then paddling to Caladesi island to check it out sunday. Going to be a adventure ! Just picked up 2 kayaks today so going to do both together.My girl friend is taking her camera so may have some good pics.How far past the pavillion that is north of the pier is the parking?I say some permit parking and 2 hour pay.Are you doing the ironman beach hunt sunday?There will be a ton tommorow there>

Shocker2u

Honeymoon Island (aka: Dunedin Beach) is under going a mass replenishing, The state is adding jettys and new sand over the main beaches. The sand looks to be whats dredge from the outer area the sifted to remove the rocks.

Found a few encrusted coins in the water not much, theres easily 6 inches of soft sand out in the water already, but the rocks by the edge are killers. What a pain digging a singal through the rocks.

Did find a silver necklace though on the sand as we were leaving.

PB