Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So.........here is my excuse for .........

Wayne in BC

not being around on the forum much and wimping some. The project is nearing completion with just a few finishing touches to do. 5 tons of blocks and 4 tons of stone. I enjoyed doing it but had to work slow.
Wayner

is that row of short fir/cedar trees used for a wind break or privacy fence?let's see,i'm talking to wayne in british columbia and i'm looking at his property.i could swear i see two palm trees.do they grow in b.c.?

i'm bumfuzzled by that

we have a very mild climate here, about the same as Washington State, which is only a few miles away. Windmill palms are much more hardy than others and will tolerate some frost.
That is not my home, it is a Million dollar property on the beach, owned by my (ex) bro in law.
The cedar hedge is a privacy thing, there is a cedar fence behind it. They go all the way around the 3/4 acre property, except for the front view area. Here is a view pic.
Thank you david!

Are you going to put fish in it? Are those Palm Trees in the photo? I am glad that you are pacing yourself...lots of blocks and rocks to be moved and set. Will you be posting some pictures upon completion? Thanks for posting the photos and sharing with the Forum. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

i get a nice fuzzy feeling visualizing myself there with a cold carbonated beverage.:D.kind of knew you had moderate weather there but didn't know palms could hack it there.will have to remember that varity of palm.

glad to hear you and your ex bro-in-law get along ok,i think:D.

n/t

a few Koi, but he wants to put in some trout to raise up and eat :rolleyes: i know him and he will never eat the dang fish but will make pets of them :lol:
Yes those are Palms Fred, they are about 15 years old and have survived nicely. More pics when i am finished the plants and final details of the rock.
Thank you Fred :)
Wayne

although he has been my ex bro in law for 20 years, we have been friends for 40 years!
We don't much care what the "girls" think :lol:
Wayne

a person just meeting you would not think you could tie your shoes and you have the skills to do this!! Just amazing :clap::clap:

I sure would hire you, if you worked cheap! I am a poor man.

Did you work off plans or did the design come out of your head? I love it

n/t

above ground pond would be nice on a patio. Those Allan Blocks are great because they interlock and i brought the pavers to the edge to make sure nothing moved. Cutting the pavers to fit was quite a job tho. The blocks just do not make corners well and you always have to cut one or two because they are 17-1/2 inches long and do not work out to standard dimensions.

I had to line the entire pond right up to the capstones with roofing felt to keep the liner from being against the rough edges of the cement blocks, and to prevent rocks from puncturing the underside.

I spent a lot of time on the net looking for examples to go by, but did not find any rectangular above ground ponds anywhere although i visited hundreds of pond building websites!

Thanks Dave
Wayne

in my rose garden. But I didn't make it, and it sure is not as awesome as yours is. That's simply beautiful! I got mine in trade. When Scott and I had the fence company, the local nursery wanted a wooden privacy fence. I traded him a fence for a stone fountain and I love it. Very serene sounding in the garden. Scott says that's why we didn't make more money, cause I love to "horse trade" for things I want. In this case, it was really neat. I love to take photo's around it.

Great work of art, Wayner! :)

I could not find a plan for one like that anywhere, so i just winged it. The folks are very happy with it and i am quite pleased also.
Wayne