Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So Cal Hunters

SK8CRIMINAL

anybody having luck here in so cal recently? went out the other night, found a little over 2 dollars in change & a brand new swatch watch.:whites::fisher::detecting:

it has really been slow, figured with all the minus tides more would start to show..... not. so boring that i took out the eureka gold & headed up to the east fork sat morn. found a dime laying at my feet when i got out of the car. & the usual square nails & bullets, but its refreshing to get a change of scenery once in a while.

new territory is always fun! i love the dime between your feet, thats taking it back way old school! apparently, i've only hunted the sand & haven't yet stepped into the wet. i need to buy some water proof boots. during the summer i was bare footing it most of the time. one of my buddies did the same & was stung by a stingray, since then...been a little leary. :fisher::whites::shrug:

Until you get those booties.. just pick up a pair of tennis shoes at a thrift store. I used to rinse them in fresh water, and put up on top of the wall to dry between trips. No - there's not much out there. I was at Hermosa and Dockweiler today, and I think I have about $3.75. My friends with me did the same.

i'm sure i've got some crappy shoes lying around somewhere. despite the odds, i'm always hoping for the positive to pull through. worse case scenario, an extra few bucks in change...let's keep up with our recent finds.

My wife and I went out on Sunday 12/7, hunted north of SM Pier all the way down to Venice Breakwater. I got a nice pair of gold earrings and she got a gold ring with a big Sapphire and some diamond chips. Between the 2 of us we got just enough to pay for our parking $7,00. It has been slow though, we're waiting for that big winter storm to stir things up.

Not yet seniors Nan, it's Michael & Melissa.

If you hunt the dry, you might do OK if you have a large coil and plenty of time; I'm thinking the folks without water machines have hung 'em up for the year....was at the South end of El Porto Sunday afternoon with a bud.....there were targets to be had, but since I am fairly new to wet sand detecting, I wouldn't know what is considered "slow" by a veteran's standard......silver chain, 2 silver rings and $10.00 in clad in 2.5 hours.....Jerry

Hey SK8 got back from So Cal on Thrus. Too bad we didn't hook up. Anyways Hunted Oceanside Carlsbad Moonlight and Lo Jolla . Didn't do all that well but had fun in the sun. Total take for my three weeks there was about 55.00 some cheap jeweller and a sunburn. Got to do Carlsbad after the rain and high winds. Maybe next year when I come down I well see you then for a day of hunting. Hope all your signals are gold.

my apologys for not hooking up. working only off commission, i gotta be out in the field 24/7 to pay the bills. hopefully next year when its more abundant, we'll hook up! to all...have a great & prosperous holiday!!!