Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So, $599 for the top-o-the-line vortex. to me that sounds pretty reasonable....

do you guys feel the same or am I off base ?
Mark ( ohio )
Mark, I am anxiously waiting to see it in the places we hunt(parks, schools, and fairgrounds) I already am seeing negative feedback which I don't think is deserved. Again, lets see if it can compete with others in this price range. One thing for sure is that it is not overly complicated. I for one do not want a menu and sub menu driven detector. I want to detect not adjust. Hopefully it will perform.

Don't understand why they didn't just do the one machine, and send upgrades or improvements free like another outfit
same reason Nokta did not just bring out 1 new Simplex, Simplex Lite, Simplex BT,and Simplex Ultra or one new Score model Score, Double Score and Triple Score, three flavors for all types of people and each one of those detectors offers something just a little different at a different price for each, Vortex is the same 3 different detectors for all kinds of different people at a slightly different price point between each model, only difference in what Garrett did and what Nokta did is you will not have to go out and purchase a whole different detector to get to the next Level or to the top level pretty brilliant strategy on Garrets part in my opinion

Mark, I am anxiously waiting to see it in the places we hunt(parks, schools, and fairgrounds) I already am seeing negative feedback which I don't think is deserved. Again, lets see if it can compete with others in this price range. One thing for sure is that it is not overly complicated. I for one do not want a menu and sub menu driven detector. I want to detect not adjust. Hopefully it will perform.
RL... I'm guessing these were youtube vids you watched ? I am with you on this, I too don't need submenus to enhance the operation of the detector. That O'le minelab explorer was a good example of that..... but it sure was/is a beast at picking out silver at Deeeep depths.

I’m happy Garrett released the new vortex models at these prices but some missing features like tone adjustments “ I don’t like 5 tone” in the top range vortex model leads me to believe Garrett has a flagship coming next.

Calabash Digger is back and he fired all of Garrett the other day.
1719073353812.png

I Like what I see. Multiple target capability and the Three-Tier display we generally only see on the very high-end detectors.

Can't wait till it hits the ground in regular user's hands.

I Like what I see. Multiple target capability and the Three-Tier display we generally only see on the very high-end detectors.

Can't wait till it hits the ground in regular user's hands.
Their ‘3 tier’ display is not anything special. 2 of them is a normal display that is cut in half. The 3rd is a filtered(?) guesstimate? The 3VI had 1 for each frequency (so you could make that decision) and another display that was completely different from VDIs. If you want to see multi displays of targets look at a Golden Mask’s display.
I agree with Calabash’s latest video. I hope it performs well but it doesn’t look like it will compete with lower priced alternatives. But no worries for Garrett they have brand loyal buyers regardless.

O Calabash makes some great points !!!!
He bashed the crap out of the Legend before it ever was released to us all and look where that went, don't see how anyone can say anything about the Vortex never having had one in their hands, he ended up eating his words on the Legend and I believe he will end up eating his words on this Vortex also, but we shall see

yes by all appearances the Vortex is missing some features and settings that other detectors have but I am going to hold my tongue until I have had one in my hands

For me personally the lack of a lot of settings and other features is the appeal of the Vortex for me, all my beep and digs do not have a lot of settings to mess with and 3 of those Beep and digs I would match up against any of the high tech cell phones on a stick that have all those available settings that everyone of the neigh Sayer's think a detector needs to perform

Garrett. I remember him. Think his first name was Pat. Lookin' for a kid named Billy.

I think they should balance out price, leave a feature to switch between the machines on the unit. If you just want to beep and dig, make that an option where it can do that, if you wish to work all the settings, make that an option. If they went the same route as the v3i and gave a graph for 3 frequencies, then i would be interested, however i will wait for further reports or even field tests, however as my says thats...

Vortex release got thinking time to upgrade my AT Gold used for rivers and creeks and I found Minelabs X-Terra Pro for $257 which leaves room in the budget for the small coil and water headphones.