Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Snow storm on the way...........

Greg from Mi.

Bet Mikes out pushing it around with his plow. Hope he does my drive!
Weatherman says up to a foot of snow at a rate of 1" per hour. 50 MPH winds and 12 foot waves on the big pond ( lake michigan )
Greg

Better hunker down and get ready! All I want is about 4-6 inches, but we can't even get that!

Lisa

Weatherman says we may get some snow mixed with rain on Thursday night but it probably won't stick. I wish my kids could see some real snow sometime but I am glad I don't have to deal with the cold winters you guys get. Hope you stay warm !!!

Just got in from the first round! looks like two more day of it!
I did your drive on 10th St. Could hardly tell if it was your house it was blowing so hard!

Extreme north Alabama got a couple of inches yesterday, but it was up there right along the Tennessee line and basically on the other side the state. :-(

Lisa

In a blizzard all them streets look the same! :huh:

South County in MO got it, too! Don't know how much yet, but my good neighbor shoveled a path from my front door to the street and also to the mail box! That is really all I need done, until I have to go to the dr again next week, but if it doesn't melt off by then and we have more of that white stuff----light flakes falling on and off today.....I will Cancel and say, see you Later!!! :lol: May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

Holy smokes! The whole state must be shut down! Do you need me to bring down some supplies so you guys can survive? :heh:
Just messing with ya! It's fun! :thumbup:

Hey Mike.....when ya don't drive in it often, then it is a mess when it does come! Not sure the depth we received here but, remember, I am not used to driving in this slick, white stuff like I used to do! When I worked nights at St. John's Mercy Hospital in Creve Coeur then, I drove to and from Maplewood, MO in a 1/2 ton pick-up with or without a 3/4 Open Road Camper attached! One night I got off the highway, was going down hill on a side street to get to the main thoroughfare and slid but got it straighted up but I was lucky &/or blessed to not hit any parked cars which many weren't parked outside that time! I have driven with and without power steering or brakes with four in the floor shift and also power drive....Sometimes after shifting one car, I would come close to shifting the powered one, but caught myself just in time, so I didn't damage anything! I've driven on wet, ice, sleet, light and heavy white stuff, and in hot, humid summers and cold, cold winters....down below zero...but that's in the past and I'd rather not drive like that now!

No, most of those who drive all the time, do know how to drive in bad weather conditions, but just don't know how to slow down, as they are always in a hurry! They see me and pop around and cut in front of me...even when I'm doing the speed limit! Guess they're hurrying so they can wait longer at the next red light! :rofl: :) Usually, that is where I catch up with them! :biggrin: Please, folks, slow down and enjoy life more! May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

We are getting 30 mph winds now and sleet on top of the ice covered snow.

I think that part of the state DID shut down. Wasn't near me, so it's business as usual here. I don't know if those folks had run out and got their milk and bread or not. I was hearing this morning that it really wasn't forecast for them to get what they got. Maybe we will get a nice surprise here sometime too. If it happens, I'll holler for you to bring me those supplies! You can bet that Lucky Charms will NOT be on that list! There is now talk of a minor weather disturbance moving through on Friday (I think) that might bring us a mixture of stuff (we get THAT mess occasionally), but looks like even THAT is going south of me.

Lisa

Starting just about now with some flurries. I should have about 3 or 4 inches for my ride into work in the morning. Getting to work isn't going to be the problem... (that amount of snow is nothing) However, getting home tomorrow night will be "interesting". Looking at blizzard conditions in the afternoon / early evening (wind gusts up to 50 or 60). They've already closed the public schools tomorrow (VERY rare) so Vicky's off. I'll jump on the opportunity to take her 4 wheel drive rather than the van. They take care of the roads around here pretty quickly, but it'll be nasty with all the blowing and drifting snow.

In case you're wondering... no, I can't take tomorrow off or call in "sick" :) If it's real bad, I'll just sleep in my office rather than travel during the height of the storm...

Hey, somebody has to make the Pepsi :)