Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

'Snot me!

there was also idunno, that one was omnipresent!
A good and funny read! I enjoyed it even if it brought back some questionable memories:biggrin:

n/t

are suppose to,i did that once,but i enjoyed the one where your son is visiting his buddy at the cane farm the best.

Imagine if you'd had a son like myself or even worse, Royal!:yikes::rofl: A great read that brought back some very funny memories. Judd the Stud is hilarious,:crylol: though I was involved in a similar scenario when I was 6 years old so it could have been worse.:rolleyes::cool:

Cheers Hon,

Eric

Glad you enjoyed my little trip down memory lane fellas, it's funny how at Xmas when the family's together, stories come out about things the kids did back then that I didn't know about. I always ask them, "where was I when this was going down?" It turns out that I was out somewhere or it happened away from home.

Our last house was on the main northern highway from Brisbane and we were woken up at 3am one night by two detectives knocking at the door. Our hearts dropped to our knees wondering what was coming, when they informed us that Garth, who was about 15 then, had been out on the road in front of the house with a mate who was sleeping over, mooning all the trucks as they drove by. The two boys would wait behind a bush until a truck came across the bridge down the road and then race out and drop their duds in full view of the truck driver and then run back into our yard. He slept downstairs in a granny flat under the house so we had no idea what he was doing. I'm glad to say that that is the only time we had the police involved because of one of our kids activities.

No wonder we end up with gray hair.
Sheila.

They are alot smarter than many adults give them credit for being...but their downfall is their lack of experience in life.

Your story indicates that you enjoyed, well enjoyed most of the time, raising your children. It appears that you usually won the battle of matching wits and I suspect that was because you enjoyed matching wits with them. :rofl:

When I was a young boy, whenever one of us children did something, my father would sit us all down at the kitchen table. He had a large magic glass crystal ball that he would place on the table and would say a few magic words, then ask the crystal ball who did the misdeed. Most of the time he would then look at me and I would always ask how it knew that I was the one that did the misdeed. :rofl: Naturally, I was usually the guilty party, much more often than my brother or sister combined.

This was a good story and I must confess that I enjoyed it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Your Dad was either a bit of a psychologist Kelley, or he was very familiar with guilt, huh? Slade, the youngest of my four, is now a registered psychologist but still studying for his Honours degree, is always psyching us out. He can stop my train of thought in a conversation just by one very subtle remark. Our 'discussions' now end up in places I would never have dreamed of a few years ago.
Sheila.

it is great. I have no idea what it takes to be mother. I know my mother, soon to be 92, has had hell in the past. She was a young widow and three kids to raise. Those days there was little help. I often wondered how the hell she knew when I was up to something. I got away with a lot but there were times that I know she witched us. Little voodoo was used for sure.

I really enjoy your writing style and it is a joy to read. Thanks for joining us and sharing life down under!:thumbup:

Thanks Linda and Royal, I hope to make people smile with my little pieces of nostalgia. I had a neighbour years ago who stated shortly before the birth of her firstborn that her children were going to be perfect. To say I was gobsmacked would be an understatement. I knew back then that was a very presumptuous statement and time proved me right, unfortunately! I wanted to tell her then that she wouldn't know whether they were perfect or not until the day they died, which she would certainly not be around long enough to see. All these years later I know I don't now, nor ever will, know if I have perfect children but, I live in hope they will do the right thing in most circumstances.
Sheila.

He hit me first! She started it! There were times while my kids were growing up I truly feared they hated each other! Thank God that as adults they have a close brother/sister relationship!