Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Snooping the Boston Waterfront!!

Ron J

Sunday morning,decided to visit Beantown.I don't go there very often,but been there enough to kinda know the good spots! Good spots to me are not dining,or night clubs,i mean forgotten,off the tourist trails.I eventually ended up visiting "Old Ironsides" (USS Constitution),but that will becoming up in another post! First on my mind was check out the Old Charlestown Naval Yard. Its 99% condo's now. What history in those buildings.I did not photo too many buildings,they will be there,but the waterfront is my "cup of tea". It constantly changes,and disappearing way to fast,due to development! Here is whats left of the wharf. Really enjoy seeing various tugs.I live 30 miles North OVER that bridge.When in Beantown,i feel trapped,until I'm on the other side!:D Back in 1990 or so,i was right under that bridge,when i struck an old log,knocking my out drive off.I was not a happy camper at that time! The bridge was built in 1950,named the Mystic Bridge,and the name changed in 1967 to the Tobin Bridge.Prior to the bridge,Ferry Boats carried people back and forth to Chelsea.Looks like an old Navy tug. Bet Mike would be right at home on those boats,welding/diving etc!Bunker Hill is about a mile away from here.The sign appears lost![attachment 49402 Constitution017.jpg]

of history and was always one of my favorite cities to study WWAAAAY back when I was in school.

Thanks for the post Ron.

Lil Brother

with that fuel depot there you wouldn't think people would want to invest in a condo,but i guess with home prices there it might be a bargain.

I sure hope you're keeping these somewhere safe for the future generations.

Dave