Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Smitten!!

chowbox

Hello all!

So I decided to trade in my AT pro in (which I did not care for) for a new detector. The gentleman at the store gave me 350.00 trade in value and I was very pleased with that figure. Initially I was looking at the White's Spectra V3I. I started with an Spectrum XLT back in the day and remember enjoying it. So standing in the store looking at the White's stuff I happened to notice on the top shelf there was a brand spanking new E-trac just calling out to me. All along I have wanted a Minelab but the cosmic tumblers just never clicked into place. WELL THEY DID YESTERDAY. OH MY GOODNESS!! This machine while scary at first-I am quickly seeing the advantages of it. Spent 3 hours swinging it yesterday and I was literally smiling the WHOLE time. I was considering the CTX3030 but the E-trac is doing it for me. Raining today but I can't wait to get back out at it. Thanks for your time and I look forward to many long years in the Minelab fold. The only thing that sorta annoys me about it is the screen. I wish the backlight was brighter so as to assist in reading the screen in the brightness of the day.

Scott James

"Hello Scot"

Do your own thing for awhile...dig and learn..

Do better...bury a few of your favourite coins, and realise the subtleties of Fe variations as they change from 12 to some higher number, with depth increase

[size=x-large]Better still...bury several of.. ONE TYPE of coin....at 2 inch depth intervals.[/size]

4"...6"...8"...and 10"....that should tell you the fundamentals of Fe and Con variations with depth.

Come back soon, and tell us all about YOUR thoughts on the latter proposition...We're here to learn ....matt

You are one of many happy people my friend! It certainly is NOT like other machines out there,and while I have NEVER run an eTrac,I am the proud owner of an Explorer2 and a CTX. I'm not totally versed in how they do what they do,but they are an absolute pleasure to run. Here's to many great finds and many many hours of hunting down those elusive targets everybody else for the past 45 years have missed. That smile ain't going away any time soon!
For an immediate upgrade,please consider the RNB ML-3100 for your machine. It will give you a RIDICULOUS amount of time between charges. A high quality unit that comes with its own charger. Though a bit pricey,you will soon learn the advantage of having it,if you hunt a lot.
Good luck!

You'll love it Love mine! and the finds I've had are incredible! four people I know have bought them because of me! I've only owned mine since last Aug and my silver finds are crazy!
Oh yeah and a $5.00 gold half eagle to..

The E-Trac is one of the best machine ever made - period.

Once you get use to it everything will fall into place - just keep asking questions in this forum and be sure to get a copy of Andy's - Minelab Explorer & E-Trac book.
Andy's book goes into much more detail than the factory manual.

Good Hunting !

You might also want to spend some time watching dirt fishing's videos on You Tube. His videos with the E-Trac are excellent and very helpful.