Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Small Gold Nuggets

xarget

This is my first post on this forum and first of all I want to thank everybody for all your info on the Spectra/Vision, It was because of you guys and your posts that I bought a v3 and I love it (I couldn't decide between a v3 and an E-Trec). One of the things I wanted in a detector was for it to pick up small gold nuggets and still be a good coin, relic and jewelry detector. I noticed a couple people wondering how well it picks up small gold so I am posting a couple pictures, This is just an air test done in prospector mode in my house so I turned the gain down a little so it wouldn't wig out, anyway I tried this same test with a Explorer SE and the SE didn't make a peep, the vision picked it up loud and clear. The picture of the display is of the bigger nugget in the pictures, the smaller flake give the same vdi but the graph was a little different, anyway when I try it on gold actually in the ground I will let you know the results.Sorry the pictures are not the best my camera doesn't take close pictures very good.

Hay thanks for the post. I was just going to post something like that my self. I have done the same test and I got the seme as you did. My DFX would notand it
even pick it up. See this is one of the things I wanted in the DFX when I got it a all in one MD and it was not. The V3 is a TRUE ALL IN ONE MD. and I and so happy.

Eagle 1

Is going to be real interesting to see how well it works in the field. Looks to be very promising. Were you using the standard coil??

That's real nice to know - especially that the prospecting mode is hitting loud and clear and using the stock coil.

Thanks for the post. Spent 34 years in Colorado, but. didn't detect then. Would love to go back for a LONG visit and try my luck nugget shooting!

I also was using the D2 stock coil. I was getting 5" with my peace of gold from CA.. With no changes to the program out of the box. And that's without RX BOOST. Air Test

Eagle 1

Air test in home- stock Prospect program- stock coil
I just passed a vile with 4 LITTLE bits of gold over my coil and had a sound at about 2 inch from the coil.

Jerry

xarget said:
actual target was about 2 inches from coil

Yes! I waved the vile about two inch over the back of the coil. I could not see the screen at the same time.
Jerry

xarget you need to get a camra with Macro, I 1/2 a Sony Mavica MVC-FD 200 Its a olde that takes a 3 1/2 Floppy
But I Like her cozze wearever I go I dont need a specal reader to see my pics , As Long as the Computer I use hase a
3 1/2 Drive, Like a friends computer, Mic

Thanks 4R doing the Test, Micfin