Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SLQ and more

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't dug one in the wild for quite a while, I believe its an 18 with the S mint mark. Picked the Merc out of some rocks by an old stump the rest came out of the yard. I was using the 6 where I have pounded it with the stock coil and previously with the ctx. I felt lucky to get the nickel and the Indian as the pull tabs are in the hundreds the round ones were hitting 12 13 and the square one were a solid 18 so I cherry picked a little. I dug 3 nails the all had issues but my confidence level is increasing, the coins screamed dig me and the iron sounded quieter with some high tones mixed in there so I just concentrated on the good tones even if the vdi was a little jumpy.
Sens. 21
fld 2
recovery 6
fe 0
Ground balance 0
HH Jeff

Nice finds Jeff better looking SLQ than the one I just found on the beach but I did mot have to dig that one lol
Mark

Thanks Mark, it is barely dateable. I saw the pic of yours waiting to be picked up, right place at the right time:)
HH Jeff

Congrats on those coins, especially the SLQ.

I only have 2 to date. One is a dated SLQ and the other dug the other day was extremely toasty.

Very nice!! I still have not dug an SLQ yet. Congrats on the great hunt! Now go back and find some more that is still there waiting on you.

Solid hunt Jeff. I just can't get used to the small coil I always feel like I'm not getting enough covered. Good job

CT Todd said:
Solid hunt Jeff. I just can't get used to the small coil I always feel like I'm not getting enough covered. Good job
I agree they aren't for coverage just certain spots, the odd thing is I am to busy digging targets to notice :shrug:
HH Jeff

Your settings are exactly what I was using Sunday like that field 2!