Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Slowly, but surely, I am getting organized...............

Kelley (Texas)

Well, unfortunately I am slowly accepting the fact that I am stuck here in the city. This past week I started unpacking some of my personal boxes and organizing my study. I put in several book cases along one wall for my books. I still have a long ways to go, but I will get there.

I have attached a second photo which shows an old cat lamp that belonged to my Grandmother Kelley. I do not know how old it is, but I remember it when I was a small boy. There is a light bulb inside of it. I have displayed it on top of one of my book cases.

The past few days have been hectic, sorry for not posting part 4 of the "Nightmare Dream" Story, but I will get the last two parts posted this weekend. I question whether or not it should have been posted in the first place...only a dream story, not an actual event as are usually posted on this Forum. I hope that I have not violated the spirit and concept of this Forum by posting it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

PS: I still do not belong here, I am out of my enviorment...but I am stuck here, and making the best of the situation with a smile on my face.

that Saddle, and it looks lovingly taken care of.
You are getting things well organised, i am jealous!:D
( Pssst! Mike, make a mental note never to let him near our workshops!:rolleyes: :D )

I kept this saddle along with some other gear when we moved to this house. I assure you that I will use it again some day. I would not suggest that anyone bet against me that my horse riding days are over. While my legs are not improving yet, my hands are getting a little better. For the last several months, I have been constantly squeezing a rubber ball and my hands are not locking up anymore. I will also get a hot cup of coffee and wrap my hands around it while it is still hot. Now I need to figure out how to fix my legs, and I assure you that they will be fixed...just have to figure out some way to make them work correctly. I guess that I just don't know the meaning of the word "quit" and never have liked to even have that word in my Texas dictionary.

We may be finally going to get some rain...clouds building up in the South and it is real humid outside. It appears that Fall will soon be arriving and the temperatures will be going down into the lower 90's or upper 80's. I kinda look forward to colder weather for a change. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

The axe heads or tomahawks heads are awesome. I see your saddle is ready to be put on a horse in a moments notice also. My wife likes to bring her stuff in and do the saddle soap treatment.
Mold is a big problem in the summer here with leather. Is it like that there also?

Nice looking home your setting up there. All those memories hanging on the wall make it more home. Great pictures.

George-CT/Swampy

Seriously Fred, a very impressive collection of artifacts and books. I assume that they are history books? And wayne is correct in his saddle assessment...simply beautiful.

Take care

Calm seas

M

Clean it real good with alcohol, then saddle soap it to remove the mold that the alcohol had killed, and finally oil the leather real good. The Alcohol will dry out the leather and you must oil the leather as soon as possible. Hope this helps you. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I mean, the ocean is in my blood and I miss it terribly. However, Alice is thriving and enjoying herself so much, even those pangs of melancholy soon are replaced with a smile because she is happy. And I do have the best detecting/artifact area around.

Sunny skies, clear water, calm seas

M

My Texas history books are kept in a glass door book rack. I have over 150 Texas county history books that I have been collecting for years...books on individual counties. Hope all is well up there in your neck of the woods. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

collection of arrowheads was that large, I am impressed, there looks to be hundreds of them.

I really like how you have your study fixed up, very nice, I also have a few nic nac's of my grand mothers, I will have to clean them up and take pictures of them and share them on the forum.

Gen Ray

pictures of those old nic nacs that belonged to your Grandmother. I always enjoy seeing old things from the past. I have arrowheads on all four walls, don't really know how many I have because I have some cardboard boxes with arrowheads too. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

when a friend of hers said that the white vinegar would do the job also if she put it the rinse water, perhaps and ounce. That seem to work as well without the drying effect as much. Then she oils them anyone. she is like you, very fussy about her saddles and tack.

She was out riding Apollo yesterday on the trails...If she rides today, I'll get a few shots of him. Thats the one my daughter send up form Charleston. He is doing pretty good now.

Can you get at your horses while living in the city or do you have someone caring for them back in the country?

Your getting those pictures down pretty decent now. Your right aobut the time it takes. I've wasted a lot of time copying old prints and putting them on CD's.... I mkae extra copyies for the family and hand them out. We have been working on a family tree that was never done. Fun, but takes up a ton of time.....

George-CT

At my cousin's place. I have attached a photo of my cousin, Cindy, riding her favorite horse named "Quaker." I won $75.00 roping calves one week end when I was in high school while riding a horse that belonged to Cindy. We paid for the gas and food, then split the difference between us. Mike Rawlin's wife Alice reminds me of Cindy. Also, "Quaker" died of old age a few years ago. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

things of my grandmothers. I have the sugar bowls from both my Nanny Garrett, and from my Memaw Gould. I do not remember my Memaw much, as she died when I was very young, but my mother had it and passed it on to me! I have my mother's lamps in our "Cartwright" room, and they look really at home!

That's some arrowhead collection, and you can tell that's a cowboy's room! You are doing good, Cowboy, adapting. We have to, and that smile on your face makes you a very special person!

The dreamstory is hysterical. please do not apologize for writing it! After all, this is a story forum! :)

We have a friend that comes here when we are gone and or we put ever how many we have at the time with a friend up the street. We all kinda baby sit each others horses and help each other out with hay, meds, trucking etc. Good luck with the doctors there in where you are now.
If you can just find the right one sometimes it makes a big difference. When I was on the verge on loosing my kidneys, I got lucky and found a good one on the 4th one. He was from the Philipines. He got me off the machine and today I function pretty good. My cretin levels stay where they need to be and I owe it all to him. The others wanted to take a kidney from my older son George, but I didn't want to do that to him. I ask a lot of questions with doctors and look for the ones that take the time to listen.

Good luck with your problem and hope they fix it.

Swampy