Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

slow recovery after pinpoint?

K.J.

It's not a big issue, because actually i seldom use pinpoint ( after a while you learn how to "see" the target with the coil)but i noticed that after trigging the pinpoint lever it takes a while to recover and use it again.With my other machine (a cheap but trusted Fisher 1236x2) the pinpoint appeared to work better.

No,it goes back, but it takes a while if i want to pinpoint again (i.e. if i didnt center the target).It not that annoying,but i found the 1236x2 pinpoint more quick

hardly bother to use it now ,lock on target in disc mode ,dig out a clod of soil go over it if not in that bit dig deeper repeat till target out of hole then you have found it .once located back fill hole simple init :clap:

more or less, yeah. It takes a couple of seconds to pinpoint again while with my Fisher there was no delay.

Oh well, i don't really use it to pinpoint target. I prefer to "see" it with the coil.But it helps in knowing the depth. This T2 is making me dig a hell of holes :) but it is worthy all the times

I don't have that problem at all no dealy on my T2

I don't have any trouble pinpointing. When I get a target I move off to one side and pull the trigger, I pull it a couple more times to narrow the target to within an inch, then pinpiont at 90 deg. to get over top of the target, and dig a small hole, or if its deep a deep hole. I don't really pay much attention to the depth reading, I just dig. DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE PINPOINT, I have gotten iffy signals, that weren't repeatable and pinpointed them and got a good pinpiont. If it pinpoints there is something there. The pinpoint is a very useful tool if the target is just beyond the limits of the coil. If I even think something is there I will pinpoint it, so learn to pinpoint because you might miss that really deep gold coin.