Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Slow and Deep yields a 1944 U.S. Wheatie.

Bob Stephens

:twodetecting:Hi Gang! Got out and hit a few local sites today. Dug just a little over $5.00 in modern day coins and the best find of today was a deeply buried 1944 U.S. Wheatie.
This coin (about 6" down) gave an alternating high and medium tone plus a corresponding bounce on the analogue meter. Iron doesn't usually bounce from high to medium, it just flips from the extreme left to the extreme right side of the meter to the other with nothing in between.

I also dug a couple of deep high tones in an old schoolyard that mimicked a coin but turned out to be old and deep nails. It's interesting as many detectors lose accuracy when the target is really deep and the only way to find out what's there is cut a plug and dig way down. You never know, sometimes a little blip can turn into a great find.

Best Regards

Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian TH'ers!:clap:
Happy Independence Day to my American Friends!:beers:

Bob and Louise. Hamilton.

Way togo Bob, I found a 1944 wheatie also, it surprized me because I was on the beach in panama city and they have been pumping sand up on the beach to restore it. William

:detecting:Hi William! Congratulations on finding your '44 US Wheatie. Interesting that you found it on a beach where they're pumping sand up to nourish and restore the beach. You wonder what other coins or jewellery may be shifted up along with the sand.

Keep scrubbing the ground and lots of Happy Hunting.

Bob and Louise. Hamilton. :fisher: