Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sliver Umax Hits Oldsmobile Token

Indy

Had a little time this afternoon and had to try out the new 10.5 coil on my Silver Umax. So i went through my yard with it. I have about 2.5 acres that has been hit I don't know how many times. My house was built in the 1920s so you don't know what your going to find. Hit some clad . I can't believe I've got any left in the ground:) Then I hit a traget that was quite loud and I'm thinking quarter . I pulled the plug out and the target wasn't in the plug so I started digging. I then put my reliable Cen Tech Pinpointer in the hole and located the target . My heart jumped when I first saw it I was thinking large cent. I rubbed the back side first and saw 1923 Oldsmobile. I decided not to rub it anymore and take it inside and was it off. After washing it I notice the front had Oldsmobile written on it. I was all excited thinking I had a 1923 Oldsmobile Token. But after a closer look on the back near the front wheel is a copyright date of 1968. Nice find but a little disappointing after getting the thing cleaned. Does anyone have any history on these tokens ??

Not me, but one of those cool finds you cant part with.

I've done a little research and I think the Franklin Mint has something to do with the token. Hopefully I can find out for sure.

I like it.

That's sompum ya could

a carry in your pocket for

a conversation piece.

HH,

Tabdog