Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Slight tone after digging a target?

SloDave

Ok let me set the scene for you guys.

You just finish digging a target in the wet sand zone, you sweep your coil over the hole and you get a really really faint tone.

Just a fyi i use a CZ-20 in all metal mode 99% of the time.

What i am wondering is.. Why am i hearing the slight tone? .. Ive dug trying to find something else in the hole plenty of times and never have come up with anything.

I am thinking it might be because of the salt water that has filled into the hole ?.. I have found other targets in the same hole before but they always gave me a much better tone.. Never like these ghost ones.. Sounds like a zzzzZzzz Where a coin or other "real" target sounds like.. zzZZTTZZzz.

Like i said.. more then once ive dug down trying to find out what is causing the tone.. Never have found anything though.

Any ideas?

Passing the coil over a hole is similar to pumping it, one minute you are over solid sand then nothing then solid sand again, your probably just picking up the hole due to the fast change in the mineral content close to the coil, could also be whats left of the halo from targets too, especialy ones with any iron content