Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Since we are sharing some photos....

Dan-MO

Here in the Ozarks we have a long history of fish gigging for non game fish in our clear running rivers.My grandfather was considered a master blacksmith and was well known for the quality of his work.People came from miles around to buy his hand forged gigs.The one pictured is a small one he made for me when I was a young boy.It is made from a piece of a leaf spring from a old car.He then forged it with his coal powered forge and hammered and chiseled it into shape.It is virtually indestructible.I have not used it for years but have gigged many fish and frogs with it when I was younger.I ran across it the other day and got IT out to give to my son.He is still a very active hunter and fisherman and it is time to pass this family relic on to someone who will appreciate it.

We used to make our own every year for Carp spearing. We would make ours out of 3/8s inch rod.

I don't know what the heck ever happened to them. I never did take care of anything :(

I used to have one but it was factory made and I don't think it was as big. What's the size of that one?