Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simple Question

MDMac

I have asked the question about Whites MXT vs. Minelab's Xterra 70. I think I am 90 percent sure on going with Whites. But I have one very simple question, and a simple YES or NO is all that it needs.

If I search over the exact same ground, will the Whites MXT find more coins/treasure than my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV?

I guess the question is, will the higher costing MD find more than the lower costing MD, or is the higher costing one just for having a display?

The answer is YES. Your Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is at the bottom of the Bounty Hunter line. Will the The Bounty Hunter Land Ranger find more coins or does Bounty Hunter just want $350.00 more for a unit that won't do more. You really should be asking a good multi- brand dealer the question, not a bunch of MXT owners.

I can tell you this the MXT is better built, has better service behind it, is deeper, has the best auto tracing system there is, has a much better disc system. The MXT has an audio disc ,VDI system , and probablitiy bars that act independent of each other to give three ways to tell if a target is good. What's the Tracker got? Then there's relic mode , prospecting mode, mixed mode etc. I hope this doesn't sound like I am biased.

If the same ground is trashy I'll use my 5" coil, if I have to cover ground I'll use the 6x10 coil or like Nancy a BigIfoot, if the ground mineralized I'd use a DD coil, to go deep maybe the super 12". If you don't have a good selection for your detector I will do better using the right coil for the job.

Remember in the beginning I said YES. Rob

The answer is yes. My first detector was a Tracker IV .It does not come close to an MXT. Had the MXT for 5 years now and it has paid for itself six fold.

YES !:thumbup:

I'm new to Metal Detecting and did alot of research prior to buying my MXT-300. I ALWAYScame back to Whites products. Then it was which one fits my needs and wants. I've been having a blast and wouldn't own anything but the MXT. I'm using the 12" coil that came with the machine and have been doing very well. I know that as time goes by and I get better with the machine, I will be adding coils for different things. As for now, I'm a VERY HAPPY owner. Although everyone here owns the MXT, some still own or have had other machines. I have learned so much from the people on here, plus they confirm I made a great choice by buying my MXT. So, buy it you will be glad you did.

I agree with Rob Roy. Frequency can make a huge difference.

My two pence.

Richard

You won't find a much better detector than the MXT at any price. It is simple and effective.

The only ones I have tried that might be a tad better are the Garrett GTI 1500 and 2500, which cost about the same as the MXT and have imaging for size distinguishment and truedepth readings regardless of the size of the object (limited to about a depth of 5-7 inches).
The sizing feature of the Garrett GTIs keep you from having to dig aluminum cans which give a quarter or half dollar signal.

The MXT will help with that also by raising the coil to check how high the target can be read. If it displays a quarter or better signal at a foot deep or deeper, it's probably an aluminum can.

Your question can't be answered with a simple yes or no.

He's asking a question about another make of detector, thats not a whites on a MXT forum it can be answered with a simple YES or NO!!! :wiggle: The answer is YES because we all know there is no better detector then the Whites brand an especially the MXT.:poke: If he wants a NO answer he needs to post on a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV forum. :rofl:

Is a resounding YES! You get what you pay for. My first Detector was a Tracker4, and the only advantage that it offers, is that you don't have a meter to tell you whether you have a good target or not! amount a heap of other don't haves.:rofl: also found that targets that were deeper than 5in were often not detected with the Tracker, after I had planted them there, just to check performance. The only reason that a non metered unit has over a metered one is that you are going to recover targets that the meter is telling you is junk, that simply may have been affected by something else in the ground,ie jewellery, but you will be digging a large amount of junk as well that a metered unit is telling you not to bother with just to get those though.
You are also getting a multi purpose machine that has a solid reputation and will handle far more ground conditions that the Tracker hasn't got a prayer of handling. You will be impressed with the extra information that you will get with the visual information, but remember to always train your ears with whatever detector that you use, as meters can get misled. You will feel like you have stepped out of the dark ages. That's how I felt the first time I swung a metered detector (an X-Terra 30), not to mention that advantages of having an effective pinpoint mode, that makes life Soooo much easier!
Good luck.
Mick Evans.
P.S. My opening comment was directed at the post above, referring to Brand loyalty. Some folks tend to thing that the sun shines out of certain brands, which can lead to some, well, interesting comments. One of which I managed to be on the receiving end only a few days back. :surprised:

As I said, YES:whites::thumbup::rofl::rofl::rofl: