Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver?

JAN1

I have read somewhere that the equinox is not very good at finding silver but I now cannot find the comment again, it was not on this site.
As most of my finds are mainly silver I would like to find out before I purchase one as my 10 year old SE Pro which has been worked to death has now given up the ghost and instead of getting it repaired I am going to cash in some of my gold finds to finance an Equinox 800.

The Nox is VERY good at finding silver, exceptionally good at severely masked silver and yea...even coins on edge.
It has been doing that for me since day one in my dirt, anyway, and it got even better after the update.

I've blown my silver count out of the water this year with my Nox. Not saying my Safari wouldn't have found them, but makes me wonder. The recovery speed has a lot to do with it

Nox is very good at finding silver I have over 100 silver coins this year so far 4 silver halfs and 4 gold rings!

Thanks to you all.
I think then it must have been a bad detectorist blaming his tools!!!
Do you use special programs or just the basic ones?
I think I shall post off the gold tomorrow but will be sad to loose my 1855 Victorian Sovereign.

JAN1 said:
Thanks to you all.
I think then it must have been a bad detectorist blaming his tools!!!
Do you use special programs or just the basic ones?
I think I shall post off the gold tomorrow but will be sad to loose my 1855 Victorian Sovereign.
Yep don’t always believe what you read check out some of our posts and finds I’ve only been on this site for three years had my nox for a little over a year and my finds have been pretty incredible research people’s posts..
Good luck
HH
Mark

Just because someone says their “X” machine will/won’t find something doesn’t mean that YOUR “”X” machine will/won’t find something. There are SO many variables with the hunter, machine setup, site, etc it’s literally impossible to say what will/won’t work for you. If silver is there the 800 will see it. That’s the key though...if it’s there! Don’t expect to make all of your “Explorer-ized” sites new again. I made that mistake. The coins have to BE there.
One thing that would help the Equinox is to be able to apply full secondary audio Gain to the already received signal. The fact that the audio is modulated does NOT help to pick out deep signals at the fringe of detection. Maybe that’s an update later...

JAN1 --

I was using an SE Pro, as well, until it died two years ago. I replaced it with a CTX 3030, and then -- as soon as the Equinox was released, I got one, and now these two units (CTX and EQX) are what I rely on.

From my perspective, in my dirt, I can attest to the fact that my silver count has NOT decreased with the Equinox, as compared to FBS. It may have even increased slightly...

Just my two cents.

Thanks!

Steve

So far, I'm enjoying my equinox. It has proven it's capabilities to me on performance for what short time I've had it. To me it performed better than my E-trac on finding smaller gold. YouTube has some great videos on silver coin hunting and showing great results with the Equinox. Cant't beat the value for what it offers. Glad I didn't spend the $$$ on a CTX. The Equinox is very close in performance if you ask me.

:cheers: right on!

IDXMonster said:
Just because someone says their “X” machine will/won’t find something doesn’t mean that YOUR “”X” machine will/won’t find something. There are SO many variables with the hunter, machine setup, site, etc it’s literally impossible to say what will/won’t work for you. If silver is there the 800 will see it. That’s the key though...if it’s there! Don’t expect to make all of your “Explorer-ized” sites new again. I made that mistake. The coins have to BE there.
One thing that would help the Equinox is to be able to apply full secondary audio Gain to the already received signal. The fact that the audio is modulated does NOT help to pick out deep signals at the fringe of detection. Maybe that’s an update later...
This!!^^^^^^^ Kevin nails it again! I was out today for a couple of hours in a small park and a church yard that I have permission to hunt. The yield was two clad dimes,nickle,and two bottle caps that read a solid 12 just like a nickle. I just don't think the coins were there.

Same here I was thinking about a CTX but I was worried about the weight so I carried on with the Explorer, glad I did as the Equinox is that much lighter. Not much use having a great machine if I can only detect for sa couple of hours.