Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver uMax with Web coil is Deeper than theTejon?

Myron

One thing some may not know is that the old Silver uMax fitted with a web coil has very impressive depth. It has in fact tested at 1 inch less than the Tejon on dime sized coins and it beats the Tejon (with stock coil) on quarter sized coins (when fitted with the web coil).

Oh well, this is according to this testers depth chart:

http://www.staffsmetaldetectors.co.uk/depth_test.htm

Any comments?

Myron

My son has the 12x10 concentric for his Silver, and it blows away my Tejon with stock or 12x10 DD. It may not beat the Tejon in bad ground, but you couldn't prove it by me. That Silver Umax packs a punch. It's the only detector my son will use. I think it's deeper than anything I have except the IIb of course.

yeah ive seen this test before!its hard to belive!i tried the silvermax with the 8"stock but it wasnt very good in airtest either.better than tejon with the 12x10DD???you should tell to tesoro stop make tejon for 699$ because they have better for 300$!

I think that site is a joke!makes pretty much everything else besides minelab look inferior...just my .02!! kd

[quote Shenandoah Digger]My son has the 12x10 concentric for his Silver, and it blows away my Tejon with stock or 12x10 DD. It may not beat the Tejon in bad ground, but you couldn't prove it by me. That Silver Umax packs a punch. It's the only detector my son will use. I think it's deeper than anything I have except the IIb of course.[/quote]

how did your son get this coil? Did he have to order it extra or can one order a new Silver with the 12x10 from any Tesoro dealer?

Myron

What site is that? My Minelab XS has never found one target that my MXT or Tejon could not find and ID just as well, infact on multiple tagets in the ground the Tejon was more pleasing to use because it was more precise and quicker and the MXT was right behind it.