Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silver umax vs troy shadow x2

I have not used either of these, but.

The Troy has a no motion all metal mode accessed by a button.

It also has a coin check button that can be adjusted.

The SuMax doesn't have these.

I don't know if the discriminator is the same, but if it is, then

I guess it's just a Silver with improvements.

I personally would not spend the extra money.

I have a Silver Sabre uMax, and it has a threshold based
all metal mode that is probably better than the X 2's all
metal mode. Troy X 2's all metal mode is not manually
threshold based.

I think I'd rather have the SSuMax.

I got mine used for less than $200 after shipping.

HH,

The Shadow X2 may have a little more higher sensitivity.I have a very limited use of these units but have used both.They are both great metal detectors.If the Shadow will give you more confidence go with the X2.

The X2 is based on the SILVER SABRE UMAX and probably should be compared to that rather than the Silver umax. In any event, both the SSumax and the X2 are very decent., capable machines and well thought of from everything I've seen and heard.
HH
BB