Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silver umax vs cibola

findit

anybody compare the two? i would think the c with the new hot technology would go deeper. which one better for coins?

I have had both and believe it or not I prefer the Silver uMax, the Cibola is a great machine but there is just something about that little Silver uMax, my wife & I used the Silver last summer and it was was one of our best years of finding goodies yet. That Silver uMax is a coin magnet, we also found 7 or 8 rings (gold & silver) along with other jewelry. In my ground I found the Silver just as deep as the Cibola. The Silver uMax will almost scream when it hits a silver coin. I liked the pinpoint button on the Cibola but there is no problem finding the target by just X'ing with the Silver uMax. I just got a new DeLeon but haven't been able to try it out yet (too cold and too much snow) but if the DeLeon doesn't work out I will have me another Silver uMax without hesitating. For coin & jewelry hunting I would put the little Silver uMax up against almost anything - that is if your ground isn't heavly mineralized where you would need a manually adjustable ground balance detector. I can honestly say that I loved the Silver uMax I had. Steve.

Another thing I forgot to mention is - the Silver uMax has been the best nickel finder I have ever owned.

I don't have a Silver uMax but I do own a Silver Sabre uMax.

Cibola was my first Tesoro and I was really happy with it. When I got the SS uMax I continued to use the Cibola most of the time. It took a couple of months before I started realizing that I could go behind the Cibola with the Silver and find good targets. But if I went behind the Silver with the Cibola I was lucky to find anything.

The Silver makes a fuss over coins. It is a coin hound. Really deep on nickles and it's great at finding jewelry. I think it's more expressive than the Cibola. That helps me identify targets better. It goes surprisingly deep in good ground.

It does not handle bad ground as well as the Cibola, but the Cibola is not that good at it either because the factory ground accept settings on both machines are not adjustable.

I think the Cibola is a better relic machine but I'm not sure of that. I took the Silver relic hunting a couple of times because I didn't have the Cibola with me. The Silver did just fine.

When I got my Euro Sabre I sold the Cibola and kept the Silver Sabre uMax. Partly because the coils are interchangeable with the Euro and because I just wanted to keep the Silver.

Best wishes,

what about the ed180 vs ed120 on the silver is the silver less likely to find stuff because of this?

It is more like the ED 150 vs ED 120. The Cibola does not have a true 180 degrees of acceptance. And the so called "ED 120" of the Silver is just an estimation. The difference is not noticeable under most circumstances. The difference is probably the reason that the Cibola can handle poorer ground conditions a little better than the Silver. As Monte points out the wider acceptance range enhances the ability to penetrate bad ground.

Cheers,

tabdog said:
It is more like the ED 150 vs ED 120. The Cibola does not have a true 180 degrees of acceptance. And the so called "ED 120" of the Silver is just an estimation. The difference is not noticeable under most circumstances. The difference is probably the reason that the Cibola can handle poorer ground conditions a little better than the Silver. As Monte points out the wider acceptance range enhances the ability to penetrate bad ground.

Cheers,

Good to know that the Cibola handles bad ground a little better than the Silver umax. Thanks!

I owned a silver umax and was pretty happy with it. But, I recently traded it in for a black Cibola with the 11x8 DD coil. Wow! The Cibola with that coil is far better and deeper than my silver was. I am really impressed with the Cibola ...

KennyD said:
I owned a silver umax and was pretty happy with it. But, I recently traded it in for a black Cibola with the 11x8 DD coil. Wow! The Cibola with that coil is far better and deeper than my silver was. I am really impressed with the Cibola ...
Yeah- Alcav once posted it was about 2" deeper. And has anyone on this forum heard from or about Tabdog? He was having health problems, last I heard.

I have had several Cibbys, Vaq's and Tejons. The love of my life it the little silver microMax with the 11x8 RSD coil for coins. I like the Cibola and Vaquero too but the silver is so much fun to use and it just has a better "round" sound to me.

I really do miss Tabdog. I hope he is ok whereever he is.