Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silver umax vs cibola

findit

sorry if this was answered before but has anyone compared the two in performance,depth , discrimination, etc.

They are both great machines - in my opinion the Silver does just as well as the Cibola, at least in my area it does. For some reason I perfer the Silver uMax - it is a lot of fun to use. I have found more jewelry with the Silver than with the Cibola, but that might be just luck. Steve.

I bought two Silvers uMAx detectors as gifts based on the good reports I read.

I bought a Cibola for myself also based on good reports, some of those from Britain.

One of those Silvers is for my wife. In the Spring we'll have the chance to match them and see.

There is a lot of information available on this forum, the Tesoro.com forum and Treasuredepot.

Look especially for postings by Monte and Scully. Tabdog and Gunnar have worth while postings as well.

Heck, read them all.

See also the reports available from Britain. You can Google for those.

Either is a fine choice.

Tip: The Compadre is competent, underrated and relatively inexpensive. I very nearly bought one instead of the Cibola.

If a ground balance feature is important, because of ground mineralization conditions in your area, the Vaquero is a fine choice.

I have just come through the selection process. Working out what is appropriate for me wasn't easy. I didn't want to make a mistake. But you know, I think it's hard to go wrong. The operator's skill, determination and site research are as important. Anyway, most things are found within 8 inches of the surface.

Cheers, David at Edmonton

I think the Cibola has an edge over the Silver. The edge is a small one. The Cibola is a little more stable in problem soils. But neither have a manual ground balance and the difference is minor. Both have very good depth in medium to moderate type soils. The biggest advantage may be the pinpoint all metal mode works noticably better with the Cibola. On the other hand an acomplished detectorist can compensate for the difference under most situations.

I went back over a playground that I had hunted with my Silver. The Cibola could only find a few trash items. That tells me that the Silver is hard to beat. I love them both. They both have their strengths and are very good metal detectors.

If I had to decide I would say the Silver may be a little better in parks and the Cibola is better in the woods or just a little better in general.

Cheers,